3DO & 3DO M2

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

3DO & 3DO M2

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I recently saw that someone had made a message board about 3DO and the M2, and I recognized the name from this forum (I think it was Windowskiller?) However, I can't seem to locate the site anymore. While I may just be learning about the wonderful world of cd-i, I do have quite a bit of knowledge on 3DO (and M2 as well) Anyone interested in chatting, let me know.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: 3DO & 3DO M2

Post by Devin » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 pm

Trev wrote:I recently saw that someone had made a message board about 3DO and the M2, and I recognized the name from this forum.
Where did you hear that? I was actually planning to create a 3DO Forum over the weekend. The 3DO scene seems to be sadly lacking and seeing as I have the resources at my disposal I thought it'd be nice to provide a 3DO Haven. As an extension to the CDinteractive Network, who knows what else we'll expand into! :D

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:44 am

Trev wrote:I recently saw that someone had made a message board about 3DO and the M2, and I recognized the name from this forum (I think it was Windowskiller?)
Are you sure it was a message board dedicated to 3DO and M2 and not just a sub-section of a message board? There are a couple of boards where I posted a lot about 3DO and M2, but I can't recall a dedicated 3DO/M2 board, nor do I maintain one.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:58 pm

Trev wrote:I recently saw that someone had made a message board about 3DO and the M2, and I recognized the name from this forum (I think it was Windowskiller?) However, I can't seem to locate the site anymore. While I may just be learning about the wonderful world of cd-i, I do have quite a bit of knowledge on 3DO (and M2 as well) Anyone interested in chatting, let me know.
Hats off, whoever told you this! I'm looking forward to know more about CD-i similar consoles including 3DO and Sega CD, Jaguar and more!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:23 am

I'm not sure if it was a message board soley dedicated to 3DO ... it might have been older consoles in general. I didn't bother to bookmark it since most 3DO sites I come across are woefully small, and rarely updated regularly. If it helps, I think it was mainly talking about M2, specifically listing the few known titles that were confirmed as being in development. Ring any bells? Anyway, it would be awesome if, as Devin said, there was a 3DO forum that could do for the 3DO what everyone has done here for the cd-i. There is certainly a need for one! Even a regular message board would be a good start.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:50 am

If it wasn't this:

http://gtwforum.retro-net.de/index.php? ... 251#msg251

then I don't know. I've posted the same list on the ASSEMbler forums, but that isn't dedicated to 3DO either.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Yeah, that looks like the board I saw, thanks. I only pay attention to those that have recent posts within the past few months or so. Was there any specific info you were looking for that you don't have yet? I'd be happy to contribute if it means getting a decent 3DO/M2 site up & running. What is the address of your site?

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:47 pm

The site's address is http://gtw3do.retro-net.de, but it's not up yet.

I'm looking for any piece of information about M2, so whatever you have, please contribute. :) If you know about cancelled 3DO games (not M2), please let me know as well.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:15 pm

I posted a brief message on your other board I'll use that for future communication about anything realted to 3DO/M2. I hope you are successful in getting the site up & running. Hopefully other members from the cd-i forum will contribute too!

DefunctGamer
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by DefunctGamer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:43 pm

The 3DO is one of those systems I would really like to spend more time covering. However, it's somewhat difficult to find people who own the system and are interested in writing about it. It would be nice to have more resources available for the 3DO, it's just a matter of finding people that are into it.

If you are (or know somebody) who wants to talk about 3DO games (such as in reviews) please feel free to get a hold of me. This is one thing I have been seeking for a number of years now and feel like I'm getting nowhere.
Cyril Lachel
Editor | Writer
http://www.defunctgames.com

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Stick around and more about 3DO you'll see :D There actually are some enthusiastics who know a lot about 3DO busy creating something new...

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm

However, it's somewhat difficult to find people who own the system and are interested in writing about it.
I wish I had the time to write some reviews, but I'm somehow more interested in writing about unreleased games. :D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:26 pm

DefunctGamer wrote:The 3DO is one of those systems I would really like to spend more time covering. However, it's somewhat difficult to find people who own the system and are interested in writing about it. It would be nice to have more resources available for the 3DO, it's just a matter of finding people that are into it.
You mean a 3DO Forum!?! Like 3DO ZERO perhaps? :roll:

I'm a sucker for systems that dipped beneath the typcial RetroGamer radar so 3DO ZERO is my contribution to the 3DO cause. The 3DO KID runs 3DO ZERO and also operates the excellent 3DO Interactive Multiplayer blog. Both worth checking out on a regular basis :wink:

DefunctGamer
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by DefunctGamer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:30 pm

Devin wrote:
DefunctGamer wrote:The 3DO is one of those systems I would really like to spend more time covering. However, it's somewhat difficult to find people who own the system and are interested in writing about it. It would be nice to have more resources available for the 3DO, it's just a matter of finding people that are into it.
You mean a 3DO Forum!?! Like 3DO ZERO perhaps? :roll:

I'm a sucker for systems that dipped beneath the typcial RetroGamer radar so 3DO ZERO is my contribution to the 3DO cause. The 3DO KID runs 3DO ZERO and also operates the excellent 3DO Interactive Multiplayer blog. Both worth checking out on a regular basis :wink:
Actually, no. While I do appreciate the links (and will definitely keep my eye on them), I am thinking more of a dedicated website rather than a forum. Don't get me wrong, forums have their place, but I am generally not much of a forum goer. I like the idea of having a website that has all of the information neatly organized so that almost anybody can get into it.
Cyril Lachel
Editor | Writer
http://www.defunctgames.com

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Amen to that brother.

In my eyes 3DO is kind of a Chicken and Egg scenario. My aim is to build an open 3DO community with 3DO ZERO, then who knows what this project could spawn? Maybe it'll inspire new websites, blogs, whatever. At least it draws attention to the system and provides a place for like minded gamers to gather. Then we have a melting pot of 3DO GuRuS :idea: