XBOX 360 KIOSKS

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

XBOX 360 KIOSKS

Post by Devin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:51 pm

Anybody have the chance to try one of these out. Seem to be springing up all over the place at the moment complete with a beautiful Samsung LCD screen. I viewed a guy playing Call of Duty 2 and was very impressed by the visuals, the smoke effects almost look real. Very neat stuff, might have to invest in a new TV :shock:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:59 am

Yeas, i was very impressed with the visuals as well! These kiosks were at 'Media Markt', and the samsung lcd screen was amazingly bright!

and 300 euros for a core xbox 360 is pretty cheap!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:38 pm

Yes it is cheap for a launch console, Microsoft are taking a ridiculous cut in profits from the sale of each unit!! I guess they have more than enough in the bank to support this type of marketting. Then again, no real point getting one unless it's gonna be played through a HD Ready display.

I'm gonna wait until they've ironed out a few initial bugs from the system, including the PSU overheating, noisy CD Drive and general plasticky buttons. Hopefully this will be remedied with future manufacturing of the console.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:02 pm

that's probably a wise decision ...