FMV DVD's

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

FMV DVD's

Post by Bas » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:51 pm

I knew they had Mad Dog and these kind of games on a regular DVD. Have you ever played one of these? How are they compared to the cd-i version?

They also have Dragon`s Lair on DVD....

And even Kingdom: The Far Reaches (only with an other name: Thayer's Quest)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Never played the DVD version, asides from better picture quaility and lack of a decent control device that's probabaly the only differences.

Oohh, did you hear about the XBOX 360 versions? The first unlicensed 360 games as well... well they are just the DVD versions in new 360 type packaging :roll:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:19 am

Exists these games FMV / DVD:

Dragons lair I
Dragons Lair II
Space Ace
Madog McCree I
Madog McCree II
Who Shot Jonny Rock?
Space Pirates
The Last Bounty Hunter
Crime Patrol
Crime Patrol II: Drug Wars
A Fork In The Tale

Dracula Unleashed
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

Silent Steel
I'm Your Man

Point Of View
Tender Loving Care

After exists the dvd' projects (by digital pictures):

Maximum Surge
Night Trap
Kids on site
Thats is my story

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:05 am

Devin wrote:Never played the DVD version, asides from better picture quaility and lack of a decent control device that's probabaly the only differences.

Oohh, did you hear about the XBOX 360 versions? The first unlicensed 360 games as well... well they are just the DVD versions in new 360 type packaging :roll:
i own and have played them all, and they are not as much fun as the original! better picture quality is about all they have going for them!

although if you have never played tender loving care, check it out sometime, it is very unique to say the least! :wink:

actually the dragons lair one is pretty neat, as it has a special bonus interview (actually a few) that has rick dyer talking about the halcyon system and how great it would be. i was talking to him and don bluth (maker of dragons lair, see pic below of me, dyer, and bluth) and he said that it was really rare footage that was included on it!

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:58 pm

Cool, in a scary way :wink:

Welcome back Captain J!! If you are the Captain J from the old Game Spy Forum days.

I saw Don Bluth and Rick Dyer at a CGEXPO, 2002 I think it was! If my memory serves correctly at the Dragon's Lair booth promoting the new 3D version where they were charging for signatures. I'm not sure if this was coming from them or the organisers but out of principle I refused to get a signature for my CD-i Dragon's Lair. Although I did get a signature from the Fatman for my 7th Guest so I was happy! In retrospect perhaps it was a way to calm the crowds into an organised rabble through a pay per signature scheme, I just know I didn't like it.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:14 pm

Devin wrote:Cool, in a scary way :wink:

Welcome back Captain J!! If you are the Captain J from the old Game Spy Forum days.

I saw Don Bluth and Rick Dyer at a CGEXPO, 2002 I think it was! If my memory serves correctly at the Dragon's Lair booth promoting the new 3D version where they were charging for signatures. I'm not sure if this was coming from them or the organisers but out of principle I refused to get a signature for my CD-i Dragon's Lair. Although I did get a signature from the Fatman for my 7th Guest so I was happy! In retrospect perhaps it was a way to calm the crowds into an organised rabble through a pay per signature scheme, I just know I didn't like it.
yes this is the same Captain J! that was pretty rude to charge for sigs, but since i was their assistant as this function, i got my dragons lair 3d poster and a dl3d action figure signed for free, but i dont blame you, paying for sigs is just wrong! :roll: they are two really nice guys though so i am sure it was from the organizers, but it was still a fun time!
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!