Mid-Game Disc Swapping

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:24 am

:O How? I've never managed it...
It's like 1993 all over again!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:00 pm

Perhaps Erronous points out disc-swapping like in Creature Shock, where in the game asks for the other disc and you don't have to reset the player for doing that.

Also in Atlantis: The Last Resort you can insert an audio cd without resetting the player.

In every other case the player does reset, as far as I know of ;)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Note that I wrote "would normally reset"; it is possible to disable this default behaviour from a CD-i application, and multi-disc CD-i applications of course do this.

On a "real" player the slave processor would perform the reset (unless disabled) so that it works whatever the state of the main processor (it could be hung or crashed); my emulated slave processor simply never performs this reset. It easily could of course; I just didn't bother :-)

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:46 am

I'm glad you didn't ;)
It's like 1993 all over again!

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:29 am

You don't have to use the eject button on the CD-i player. If you use a command in the shell to eject the disc, the CD-i player doesn't reset.

Heatseeker86
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Heatseeker86 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Id buy it instantly if it played Dragons Lair.......................... :D