the best BIOS file to use

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

the best BIOS file to use

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:23 pm

-Which one is the most compatible,
-which one the emulator is written for?

Or should is make no difference from the start?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:26 pm

I use my 350/360 ROM which works really well and to my mind is the most supported type in CD-i Emulator.

Put the emulator to excellent use recently and managed to capture all 'The Apprentice' Game Over screens. They look really great, I'll have to upload them here however as I can't see Game Spy being too happy about them :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:51 am

The emulator was originally developed on the 605 ROMs (Mini-MMC hardware), but I don't think that really means much anymore.

That being said, Philips lists the 350/360 as "Mini-MMC based" so they are part of the same hardware generation...

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:18 am

The CD-i 205/910 bios works best for me. Most others I tried either have problems with the cursor movement or don't work at all.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:53 pm

There are technical differences between the various models in the way the pointing device interfaces with the player which probably account for this. The interface used by players with a SLAVE processor (Mini-MMC, Mono-I, Mono-II) works slightly better; the IKAT processer has a more cumbersome interface.

I do regard the problems as bugs, though, to be fixed at some time...

PS. Player model/chipset info can be found in the second part of thePlayer Support section of my website.