Emulator project dead, on hold?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:33 pm

I have lately been helping Charles Doty with getting Frog Feast running on CD-i Emulator and this has caused some small changes in CD-i Emulator (which nobody can see yet because they haven't been distributed).

Actual development is still mostly stalled; still waiting for available time to restart full-bore development...

The kid is doing great! Pretty soon he'll be assisting in the further development of CD-i Emulator :-)

niuus
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by niuus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Bump. Any update on this emu? My CD-i is dead so it would be useful to use this in the future...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:10 pm

No updates. Consider CD-i Emulator project in silent mode for the next few years. It will never be dead as it is just a hobby project, but it has taken several years before the first version was released to public as well. Since then, no updates has been released, although behind the scenes the emulator has shown some work. It's unknown if and when an update will be released.

Calling it dead would be stupid. Calling it alive would be naive...

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm

As long as it isn't dead it should be considered alive, I think :-)

But "silent mode" is a good description of the current state. When/if I get more free time, I will resume regular work on it.