Is what I asked really that offensive?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Anonymous

Is what I asked really that offensive?

Post by Anonymous » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:52 pm

I do not understand why my post was deleted. It was a pefectly valid question, and deleting it simply because you do not wish to answer it is very, very wrong. You cannot even say it is spam: no-one posts here often, and so it clogging up the boards is not something you can claim.

I further misunderstand why my account was banned: asking this question was a far from bannable offense.

Could you please give me the courtesy of answering my question and allowing me to respond before you delete this.

So, may I ask again:

About a year ago I was surfing the internet for information about the Cd-I. I found a post on this site asking about Cd-I freedom. It was given generally sneery responses, but someone said that it was possible that in a year's time, they would release the codes. So may I ask again about this, and I beg that you do not delete my post, as I do not understand your motives.

I shall leave you with the words of Aristotle: "Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit. "

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Is what I asked really that offensive?

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:10 pm

whatisthisfascism? wrote:I do not understand why my post was deleted.
Quite simply your username was offensive and smelt of SPAM.

Your post however is perfectly valid and we as a forum generally promote free speech.

I'm glad you signed up with a more appropriate user name! :wink:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:29 pm

Thank you very much my good man.

Now, any fellows out there who could spare a few moments to answer my query?

I shall leave you with the words of Douglas Adams: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:35 pm

You were asking about codes for CD-i Emulator?

CD-i Emulator remains an emulator that you need to pay for.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Ah, I see. Is there any news on when it shall become available freely, my dear fellow?

I shall leave you with the words of Virgil: "Romans, never forget that government is your medium! Be this your art:-to practice men in habit of peace, generosity to the conquered, and firmness against aggressors."

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 pm

If and when the author decides, it's really not upto me! :D
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:39 pm

I still stand by what I said in 2005: the sources will be released at some point, but that point hasn't been reached yet.

Of course, things have taken a year or two more then I originally expected...