CD-i Emulator Start-up Tutorial

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

CD-i Emulator Start-up Tutorial

Post by Bas » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 pm

I always felt the CD-i Emulator was still a bit hard to use for new people, leaving them with lots of questions. After reading the excellent "Emulate this" section in Retro gamer Magazine of a few months back, I was caught by this idea to create a tutorial for everyone who want to start using the CD-i Emulator. Basic lay-out, easy to follow, and let us know how it worked out. CD-i Emulator is a great piece of software which deserves a lot more attention, especially because eventually this will be the only way to enjoy CD-i after the following years to come! :shock:

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 pm

Nice tutorial, Bas!

I knew something like this would have to be written at some point but just never got around to it, now I don't have to do it anymore. Thanks!

PS. You might also want to mention what happens if you don't have a BIOS rom?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Thank you! The more improvements, the better it will be :)

Now, ofcourse I want to mention what happens if you don't have a BIOS rom, but my memory doesn't serve me here. Any help?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:37 pm

it reached the frontpage of EmuHQ, very nice! Boosting interest in CD-i Emulator, we can never see that enough!

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:29 pm

You get a message box stating

CD-i Emulator did not find a supported CD-i system ROM file.

and a mention of CD-i Link with a link to the website.

Of course, you could have found this yourself by renaming your rom directory like I just did :-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 am

yes yes. No excuse possible here :) Thanks, if you or anyone has any other improvements to make, please tell me!