CD-i Emulator

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

CD-i Emulator

Post by cdifan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:54 pm

In past years, several CD-i emulators have been announced. One of them showed promise but none ever arrived at a full release. It is therefore with some pride that I can now reveal my aptly-named CD-i Emulator program.

The emulator is currently in controlled beta test in cooperation with the people behind well-known online CD-i resources such as ICDIA, CDinteractive and The Black Moon Project. The Windows version will be released at the beginning of September 2005.

This emulator has been a long time in the making and has only quite recently started to successfully play CD-i software, using a disc image file. The primary goal of the current beta test is to increase CD-i player compatibility before the public release.

In order for the CD-i emulator to work, a CD-i player ROM file must be loaded into it. A separate CD-i Link program is provided that utilizes a so-called CD-i Nullmodem Cable to gain access to the CD-i player and ROM.

More details can be found on the CD-i Emulator Coming soon website, which will be updated regularly.

When the emulator is released I will provide technical support through this forum; until then it will serve as a place where you can discuss and speculate about the emulator to your heart’s desire.

First reactions from the beta testers have been very positive and I hope that the emulator will help to drive the CD-i community forward. I’d like to thank the beta testers for their help so far and come September I hope you’ll enjoy my CD-i Emulator!