Idots guide to cdi emulation

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Fred
Burn:Cycle Activated

Idots guide to cdi emulation

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Im prob doing something stupid,i have downloaded the cdi emulator and have my roms,i dropped them into the roms directory and when i run the emulator,it says it cannot find a supported cdi rom.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:09 pm

The cd-i disc images should be in the disc folder.

In the rom folder you have to put a rom file, which you have to obtain from your cd-i player using a special cable (although you can search on the internet for it ...).

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 am

If you obtained the roms from CD-i Link they will have names recognized by CD-i Emulator.

If you obtained them from elsewhere, they need to have extension .rom. If you have multiple models, use names of the form cdinnnx.rom where nnn is the player model number and x indicates the player phase (subversion) or slash version; this will allow you to use the -model option (or a future GUI) of CD-i Emulator to select the player model you want to emulate.

CD-i Emulator is able to determine the player model and version of ROM files automatically just like CD-i Link can, but this is expensive and therefore it does it only with the ROM file already selected for emulation. The selection of the ROM file is based on the file names of the available ROMs (it generally prefers the highest-numbered model available).

More information then you'd ever want to know about CD-i player models and versions and how to determine them from a ROM file can be found in the CD-i Types section of my web site.