Creating images with CloneCD

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Creating images with CloneCD

Post by KuroNeko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:36 pm

the guide at le monde du CDI no longer exists.

I'd like to create image files from some old CDi titles. Which settings do I use in CloneCD?

Do I use Data CD, Game CD...? I don't normally use CloneCD, I just dl'd a trial for this job. I could use Isobuster if that works better.

Also, I can make only CCD files with CloneCD, not bin or iso files, is that correct?

Thx
Neko

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:28 pm

I'd recommend CloneCD only for those CD-i Ready discs. For all other CD-i's, in my opinion it's easier to use Discjuggler. Just use the standard options and there you go, ripping was never easier.

Those CD-i Ready games, like The Apprentice, can only be properly ripped using CloneCD. For some tips, check out this post

If you want to see which titles are built in the CD-i Ready format, check out this list

Good to see you back Neko!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49 pm

It's a pity that download list of "Le Monde du CD-i" doesn't work again, but thankfully, I back-up everything I see related to CD-i! I've uploaded that guide right here

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:46 am

Bas wrote:Good to see you back Neko!
Thanks!
Bas wrote:It's a pity that download list of "Le Monde du CD-i" doesn't work again, but thankfully, I back-up everything I see related to CD-i! I've uploaded that guide right here
Thanks, that was a great help. Backing up those discs now.

Neko