Sound problems

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
eatfeet
Burn:Cycle Activated

Sound problems

Post by eatfeet » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi! I have this sound problem in the Faces of Evil game... Music and all other sounds work perfectly fine, until i go to a stage. Thats where the sound disappears, but the game is still playable though. But i think that the game loses most of it's charm when there's no sound.. ( no slashing sound, no music, no anything! ) Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It's the same thing for Wand of Gamelon aswell =/ :cry:
Last edited by eatfeet on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:28 am

Hmm interesting, is this from a backup of the game made by yourslef from an actual original copy of the game or a downloaded rom/iso of the game?

eatfeet

Post by eatfeet » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:49 am

It's a downloaded iso.. Should i find another iso? Because there could be something wrong with it.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:31 am

eatfeet wrote:It's a downloaded iso.. Should i find another iso? Because there could be something wrong with it.
Thats the first thing I was going to suggest if it was a downloaded ISO, as you never know waht condition the original or the copy the ISO was made from was in at the time, might ahve been scratched or dirty, so that might be why.

But well the only way I can suggest of fixing this if it is due to a bad copy of the game, legally, is by saying to look around on ebay or somewhere similar for a propper retail copy of the game for use in the emulator, it is usually fairly cheap from what ive seen on there before.

But then again that is only assuming if its a bad copy/ISO of the game. If its something more technical you'd probably be better off by asking one of the other regulars on here ;).

eatfeet

Post by eatfeet » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 am

I'll think i'll look on ebay for the game.. BUT FIRST i'll look for a different ISO, to see if there was something wrong with the other one! :)