My CDi --> broke, now I need emu-help

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
CDinteresting
Burn:Cycle Activated

My CDi --> broke, now I need emu-help

Post by CDinteresting » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Sorry for the strange topic title, didn't have a clue how to call it:p

Now for my problem:

I (well, my parents) bought a CDi when it was new, about 10(?) years ago.
It always did it's job: letting me play my videogames.
That is, untill I recently got it out again and tried to play Link; faces of evil.
It wouldn't save.
So I immediately thought of the intern battery, and after a search, I (today) took the chance and tried to replace the battery ---> failure :(
The crystalpart thing probably broke

So now my CDi doesn't work anymore (it doesn't even do anything when I turn on the power)...and I was wondering if the emulator would still work on this CDi?

thanks for your help:)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:54 pm

you know CD-i Emulator works on your PC, right? The only problem is that you can't get your ROM out of your player anymore. If you need to get the ROM, send me a PM. For any help to start with CD-i Emulator, check this guide.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:05 am

It may still be possible to get the ROM; the player needs to be VERY broken for this to not work, as CD-i Link only needs a working CPU, ROM, RAM (the serial port is integrated on the CPU chip).