Apprentice image question

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
daf
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by daf » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi folks!
cdifan wrote: CD-i Ready is not a problem with the emulator per se (The Apprentice is also of this type and it works fine), but it is sometimes difficult to get an image from such discs. CloneCD has worked fine for me. There may also be issues with titles that depend on the disc TOC, because the emulator currently always reports a single CD-i track disc (it doesn't include CDDA tracks in the TOC).
I made an image of my game The Apprentice, with CloneCD. But the probleme is as follows: CD-i Emulator can't boot image which format is ccd/img/sub, it supports only bin/cue format, doesn't it? But games in CD-i Ready format can only be copied with CloneCD, right?

So, anyone has an answer to my problem?

Congratulations again for your software, I couldn't hope better.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:48 pm

I had the same problem with my USA version of The Apprentice! My European version worked perfectly when ripped with CloneCD however. Beyond that it could be an incompatibility of your CD drive not recognising the data held on the CD Ready format CD-i Disc. If you have a second drive or maybe another PC it might be worth trying to RIP the ISO again, maybe you'll get better luck.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:07 am

CD-i Emulator should read the .img file just file; it would normally be in the same format as the .bin files (2352 bytes per sector, the so-called "raw" format). The difference is that CloneCD has a more robust reading algorithm than, e.g., ISObuster; you can also write .bin/.cue with CloneCD!

The program does not currently even attempt to open the .cue or .ccd/.sub files (this will change at some point, because these files contain vital information about audio tracks and subcode information).

daf
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by daf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 pm

Well, I ripped my game again, with a more recent drive: the image file is recognized by CD-i Emulator (format: ccd/img/sub, mode 2352), and the game works perfectly (like Dimo's Quest)!

Thanks for all, dudes. Now I can buy the software.. ;)