Download CD-i Link to get your players ROM

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Download CD-i Link to get your players ROM

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:43 pm

The ICDIA has been updated in preperation for the release of CD-i Emulator. You can now download CD-i Link 0.5.2 and also the CD-i Stub 0.5.1 required by some CD-i players to initiate the program. Both these programs were created by CD-i Fan author of the CD-i Emulator and should further assure you that CD-i Emulation is finally a reality. Further information on the CD-i Null-Modem Cable required to link your PC to the CD-i Player can be found in the respective files available for download and also a schematic of the cable can be found on the ICDIA here.

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Done!

Post by oaacdi » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:53 am

Got my CD-i Null-Modem cable today and I am happy to report that everything worked fine! :D

After executing the following from a command line, I was able to capture the respective roms from my long-time unusable CD-i player, since the CD drive decided to RIP! :cry:

C:\>cdilink.exe -roms
CD-i Link version 0.5.2
Please reset your CD-i player!
Waiting for stub...
Downloading cdistub...
000087CC
Ending download stub...
CD-i Stub version 0.5.1
Reading module directory...
Reading module information...
00E54D3A
Found 77 modules
Reading memory list...
Building ROM list...
Uploading cdi220c.rom (512K)...
Uploading vmpega.rom (256K)...
00E80000
Ending stub...
Done!

Now, can't hardly wait to buy the CD-i Emulator! But I have to admit that I will be missing not viewing my CD-i collection on the TV screen... :(

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:18 pm

Glad you're happy! Your ROMs are supported by CD-i Emulator (except for the MPEG functionality, for now as least). Still have to post that compatibility chart...

You could always connect a TV to your PC, of course :-)