CDi is a crap system. Why the fuss?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.

Which is better, CDi or Gamecube? (let's see how fanboyish you lot are)

CDi
64%
Gamecube
36%

Total votes: 28

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:06 pm

Hopefully CD-i Fan will figure this one out in the near future. It hasn't got anything to do with lack of Digital Video support as it was a Base Case title. So fingers crossed Burn:Cycle will get a green light through CD-i Emulator soon!!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 pm

It appears to have something to do with the audio drivers, but that's about all I know right now. Could be related to the bug that causes many titles to "hang" at the end of the Philips bumper, which appears to be because some hardware signal is not properly generated.

I've spent several hours on debugging the Burn:Cycle issue before the emulator release, but it seems to be complex...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:22 am

Could be one of those things where you resolve one issue and then have a Eureka moment that resolves this Burn:Cycle problem!!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"