CD-i ROMS (BIOS) Files

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

CD-i ROMS (BIOS) Files

Post by Devin » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:56 am

The CDinteractive Forums will not tolerate CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging or direct links to other sites providing such illegal downloads. Discussion about the use of ROMS in the context of the emulators development is fine as long as the topic stays clean otherwise posts will be deleted without warning from here on in.

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:54 pm

It is illegal to download roms even if you own it. But how the police will prove that your copy (that is binary identical than your hardware-laying one) was not made for backup purpose ?

revvin
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by revvin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 am

That "backup purposes" loophole is a grey area. And the mods here have decided to avoid any confusion by simply banning them.

Let's just respect their decision.

Ozfer
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: CD-i ROMS (BIOS) Files

Post by Ozfer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 am

For an old console such as the CD-I completely banning bios and iso from being linked to or discussed only helps destroy information to time. Philips is not going to start selling more CD-I systems soon and some stuff has not been sold in 20+ years, no profits are being effected and I doubt anyone cares.

If we could come up with a universal list and collection of bios files for every system and every version, and every game and version ever made including demo software and floppy images, it would immensely help prevent a large chunk of this data from completely being destroyed in the near future if it has not been already. I would not ask for this website to ever host any of this content but just linking to it would go to help the CD-I cause.

While I can completely understand why people would not allow modern systems and games such as xbox 360 or ps3 that currently are still being sold and profits would be effected, the philips cd-I community is simply trying to preserve history and keep a library of knowledge on a fading out system.

I, myself as a collector know first hand how hard it is to find some of this stuff online. I have personally searched for specific rare CD-I software for hours online to never find it because it is probably already gone to age. :(