Unlimited edition now also available (for a fee)

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Unlimited edition now also available (for a fee)

Post by cdifan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:42 am

The unlimited edition of the CD-i Emulator is now available for purchase via the CD-i Emulator Home website.

Because the unlimited edition of CD-i Emulator is, well, unlimited, there are no restrictions on the emulation time. You can play your favorite CD-i title for hours (or so I hope).

You can also load and save the CD-i NVRAM contents and there are a few minor additions to the user interface.

Apart from the time limit removal, the emulator core is identical for both editions. I would encourage everyone to try the (freely available) limited edition first.

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Amazing!

Post by cdoty » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:40 am

I just downloaded the unlimited version.

Amazing stuff. I like that it asks if you want to save the nvr on exit.

What is the difference in how a disk is launched when Play CD-I disc (Skip...) is checked?

Frog Feast crashes back to the system on launch using this option, but plays fine when Play-CDI is 'clicked'.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Great!

Post by oaacdi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:43 am

Activation was quite easy and was able to save Dimo's Quest to memory. However, player preferences, as in display date and time always defaults to Jan 00, 00. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong in saving player's setting to memory?

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:28 am

Great emulator! Downloaded the unlimited version and I'm loving it. Having fun playing Wand of Gamelon again ;)
It's like 1993 all over again!

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:30 pm

The date and time aren't saved with the NVRAM data, this should be taken from your PC's clock but apparently isn't working with your ROM. One more item to add on my list...