Cant get The Apprentice to copy to a working image

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Heatseeker86
Burn:Cycle Activated

Cant get The Apprentice to copy to a working image

Post by Heatseeker86 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:17 am

I read the topic on the Richard Scarrys game not copying and it had some useful information in it but I still cant get my Apprentice CD to copy to an image that is playable with the emulator... Ive tried WinISO, UltraISO, WinCDR, CloneCD, MagicISO, Nero, Alcohol 120, and ISOBuster so at this point I KNOW theres something not right cause everyone says most of these work for one person or another...

For me, none of these programs can copy, and some cant even acknowledge, the 135 meg Data track on the cd but copys/extracts the 22 audio tracks just fine..

what am I doing wrong??

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:25 am

Due to the cd-i Ready format these SPC titles are a little harder to use, but after 'ignoring' a lot of reading errors the iso file plays normally here, using just the free Isobuster version.

Heatseeker86

Post by Heatseeker86 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:21 pm

thanks but now I get a 135 mb file with no usable data on it... I extracted it as RAW data and I also tried extracting it into RAW data thats converted into user data... neither work... and I cant convert the bin file i get from it to ISO using ultraISO or anything because it doesnt recognise it as a valid image format..

what else can I do...

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

clone cd

Post by oaacdi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:26 pm

My workable image for The Apprentice is 615 Mb and was extracted with CloneCD. Now, only one of my 3 CD/DVD drives was able to actually recognize the hidden PreGap data. Hope this help.

Heatseeker86

Post by Heatseeker86 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:53 pm

YES.... that helped alot thank you.... for all those reading this in hopes of finding a solution to a similar problem, when all else fails, use a different CD ROM drive to get the data track off the disk.. In my case, an older CDROM did the trick... thanks

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:55 pm

It's those pesky CD-i Ready format discs... Luckily there aren't that many of those, but they are among the most interesting ones :(