Thanks a lot... :(

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Burn:Cycle Activated

Thanks a lot... :(

Post by . » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:08 pm

:x Because of your money hungryness and greedyness I can't play this emulator. My dad won't put an emulator on his credit card because he thinks it's illegal so I can't play CD-i!

I even got the BIOS and games from a friend. I was really looking forward to playing these games! But NO. cdifan just HAD to charge money for the emulator.

When will it be free? :( :cry:

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

ebay

Post by oaacdi » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:52 pm

Buying a player from ebay is not illegal. Maybe your father will agree and consider this option for you.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Re: Thanks a lot... :(

Post by Erronous » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 pm

. wrote:I even got the BIOS and games from a friend.
Uhm, please explain why this would be legal?

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 pm

Or maybe the dad of this spoiled brat simply thinks he should first learn some manners?

Don't like the price? Write one yourself. What, too difficult, too much work? So maybe then you learn to appreciate the hard work of others and not take everything for granted.

Neko

Post by . » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:29 pm

"Buying a player from ebay is not illegal. Maybe your father will agree and consider this option for you."

He won't let me buy any more consoles. I already have an Xbox. My dad said that buying more than one console is ridiculous and a waste of money. He thinks games fry my brains. I'm also not allowed to play that much because I use the family TV.

My friend has a CDi which is now broken. I used to play on it before it was broken and loved it. My friend has some games, and sent me a BIOS he found (don't ask me where.)

This is the only way I can play CDi, but now I can't. I really want to play it, but can't.

I'm not a "spoilt brat." What I said above shows just that. I really want this emulator. :cry:

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:57 pm

You really want a lot of things :)
It's like 1993 all over again!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:08 pm

can we please stop this nonsense about the money? Neko's post is a very true one: If you don't like the price, write one yourself!! A little appreciation please!

Post by . » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:21 pm

Why have you people stopped replying?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:21 pm

. wrote:Why have you people stopped replying?
We're not particularly a forum that gives to "Flaming Wars" as they call it!!

Your entitled to your opinion as well as everybody else above. If you have a counter argument then please post away :roll:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Post by . » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:03 am

I havent flamed. All I did was tell you about how there is no way for me to get the emulator if it payed for.

I'm sure there are many others in my situation. :cry:

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:50 pm

Such is life.
Next?
It's like 1993 all over again!

Post by . » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:17 pm

How could you people be so unfeeling?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:41 pm

I wouldn't say we're unfeeling towards your situation!!

It's just the way things are i'm afraid, just because you want doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it. To create an analogy as follows:

Would you expect to walk into a shop on the release date of the XBOX 360 for arguments sake, ask the shop keeper for a brand new 360. "Okay sir will you be paying by cash or credit?" to which you reply "but I don't have any cash and really want to play Perfect Dark Zero, I loved that game on N64 and want the new version with the console". "So your paying by credit card sir?" the shop keeper replies. "I told you I don't have the money but REALLY WANT TO PLAY PERFECT DARK ZERO" to which the shop keeper asks for the next customer and you retort "How could you people be so unfeeling?"

Absurd I think you'd agree but certainly a thread of truth to this argument. I truly hope you find a CD-i player to run your games on at some point as if you can't pay for the emulator you'll have little alternatives but to buy the original hardware. End of story!! :roll:

Post by . » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:33 pm

The difference is that this is an emulator. Emulators are normally free, and my dad thinks that putting it on his credit card will make him look llike he is dodgy and does illegal things.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:01 pm

. wrote:The difference is that this is an emulator. Emulators are normally free, and my dad thinks that putting it on his credit card will make him look llike he is dodgy and does illegal things.
Many emulators are free yes but it's not uncommon for them to be commerical as well which is the case here. When I say commerical I mean "pay for play" emulator, make no mistake CD-i Fan isn't a coporate tycoon!! :wink:

Also the purpose of a Credit Card is for buyer protection. The payment process is through PAY PAL used by millions on a daily basis so it would appear on any credit card statement as a PAY PAL purchase with maybe some information about the seller. If your Dad doesn't want to buy it then your at a dead end i'm afraid.