Mouse problems?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Szczepaniak
Burn:Cycle Activated

Mouse problems?

Post by Szczepaniak » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 pm

Greets

Just dloaded the demo version, I plan to upgrade once it emulates the digital video card. :)

Anyway, it looks good, except for one major flaw, which makes it virtually unplayable for me.

I tried playing Marios Wacky Worlds, and the emulator insists on placing my mouse cursor in the center of the screen, and acting as a control device. The problem is, the mouse doesn't seem to be fully centred. Mario starts walking of his own accord, or stares at the sky.

Another problem with this, is that it conflicts with my USB control pad. Meaning even though I try and push right on the pad, the emulator is still registering my mouse as the dominant means of control, and to use a British expression, "it all goes wonky".

I checked the options, and there doesn't seem to be anything that can stop it from recognising the mouse.

When I push ALT, like it says in the instructions, the entire emulator freezes, or pauses, until I click on it again.

Also, I can sometimes manage to shake my mouse pointer free, and place it to the side of the screen. And then the emu works properly, for a few seconds.

After a while, it gets up to it's old tricks and sucks the mouse cursor, which is hidden far to the corner of my PC monitor, right back into the centre again, and the problems begins anew.

This is while the emu is running in a small window.

There seems to be no way to stop it activating or recognising the mouse, and because it keeps centering it, AND keeps regarding it as a method for control, the games become totally unplayable.

What I personally want to see in a future release, is the ability to totally disable mouse usage with regards to the emulator.

Otherwise, based on what I've seen with regards to visuals and audio, it works rather well. Well done, and thanks for going to the effort of creating it. :)
Freelancer for GamesTM and Retro Gamer magazine.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Hello John, good to see your still RetroActive :roll:

That's an interesting problem, I don't seem to be quite this adversely affected with regards to interruptions from the mouse. I think what CD-i Emulator requires is direct keyboard control for the next update which would make everything far easier. Although the turn off switch is a damned good suggestion, what do you reckon CD-i Fan?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm running it from a laptop btw. And I have several USB connections running all the same time: Mouse, second keyboard, control pad, memory card.

Reading the instructions, it appears as if the mouse cursor is not meant to be re-alligned if it is off the actual emulator window, and yet for me, the emulator finds it regardless of where I place it.

As for me being active online again, there are some interesting things brewing with regards to publications. Retro Gamer has been bought by another publisher who are relaunching it, meaning there is again a need for retro themed articles.

You'll be pleased to know I am in the process of putting those screenshots you sent me to good use, hopefully. ;)

Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you informed of any CD-i related articles.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:40 am

I had a feeling this would happen. Afterall RetroGamer was a huge success, I was surprised by the scores of people in the States that knew and subscribed to this magazine even with the expense of importing it!! Will they be employing the same guys to run the magazine for the second time John? What's the insider information, will RetroGamer start fresh with Issue 1 or simply continue where it left off :shock:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:58 am

In all honesty, I have little insider info beyond what has been made public. Quite a lot has been made public.

http://forum.retrosurvival.co.uk/index. ... c=987&st=0

That topic has the announcement, and also the new editor discussing things. It all looks very promising.