a Question about the cdi EMULATOR !

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
DEAD
Burn:Cycle Activated

a Question about the cdi EMULATOR !

Post by DEAD » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:56 pm

hi there !
i hope you guys forgive me because of this very basic question.but i wanted to know how can use the cdi emulator.the website didnt helped at all.do i have to simply open the rom from my emulator ?
because i opened this "Link - Faces of evil" rom and i got the following message :

CDI system did not find a supported ROM file

you can use the cdi - link programm to upload CDI system
ROM files on your CDI player using the appropriate cablle...

plz help ! i must play these 3 zelda games from cdi . :cry:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:22 pm

you need your system ROM file (=BIOS) from your cd-i player in order to play the actual Iso game. Have a read here and I'm sure all your questions are answered. Also have a look at the topics in this very forum.

The main thing is you need a null-modem cable to connect your cd-i player to your PC, and using the Link program you can upload the ROM from your cd-i player to your PC. The emulator needs this ROM file. The emulator will automatically detect the ROM file when you have it uploaded to the same directory.

The usual Computer Geek knows his ways about how to get this as well.... :shock:

DEAD

Post by DEAD » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:08 am

yes exactly...the link programm.how can i use that ?how do i upload roms with it ?do ihave to copy the files somewhere ? and what do exactly mean with uploading a rom .
sorry again but i just need to play these 3 zelda games :cry:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:32 pm

You need the original CD-i Hardware in order to upload a ROM. Then using the CDi link program and a CD-i Null Modem Cable connected between your PC and CD-i the ROM can be retrieved.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

DEAD

Post by DEAD » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:35 pm

ahan ...i thought that only the emulator would work :(
guess i have to start looking for a cdi on ebay :cry:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:42 pm

The emulator is a hardware based program of the CD-i architecture so it still requires the internal software used by CD-i players and which can be uploaded through the CDi link program also created by the author of CD-i Emulator CD-i Fan. Obviously this internal software often referred to as the BIOS or ROM is copyright and illegal to distribute. CD-i hardware is still fairly easy to find especially through auction sites like ebay but eventually this will fail in the future so CD-i Emulator remains our best hope for the systems preservation :D

NETGURU

Post by NETGURU » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:21 pm

<<Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!">>

LOL I always thought it was 'don't think you've cornered the market in rage'

tom

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:08 pm

I think Sol Cutter has an Aussie "Twang" to his voice unless i'm mistaken, so you'd be forgiven for any misinterpretation!! :wink:

NETGURU

Post by NETGURU » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:19 pm

Are you sure it's acquired? Just watched the trailer and doesn't sound like it. Doesn't sound like market either though. Hmmm.

tom

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:23 pm

Yeap, pretty sure. I've watched it a million times getting the video just right!!