WANTED Battery for cdi 370

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
trigger
Burn:Cycle Activated

WANTED Battery for cdi 370

Post by trigger » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:46 am

i don't know where the hell i'm gonna find one of these, my cdi 370 i bought recently has a knackered battery, how easy/hard are these to find? any info would be gratefully received.

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:45 am

I believe the CDI370 just uses a normal coin cell battery.
So any big electronics store should have them ( Mediamarkt in holland and germany for example ). Coin cells are also used in watches, so any shop that sells watches should also have this battery.

trigger
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by trigger » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:39 pm

no no no no not the memory battery, i mean the big 5 inch long rechargeable battery pack that fits on the back of the unit to power it when it's not connected to the mains.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: WANTED Battery for cdi 370

Post by WindowsKiller » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:51 pm

trigger wrote:[...] how easy/hard are these to find? any info would be gratefully received.
It's impossible to find working ones, unless they are refurbished. The cells inside the battery weren't meant to last that long. Anyway, I've successfully refurbished the battery of my 370 and wrote a tutorial about how to do it. I've posted the link HERE, but the tutorial is only available in German so far. I'll do an English translation next month.