repairs

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
retro ash
Burn:Cycle Activated

repairs

Post by retro ash » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:08 am

hi there i was wonderin does anyone know where i could get my cd-i repaired. the disc wont work in it it just says err on the console thanx for any help i get
P.S. it is a cd-i 210

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi!

This disc, is it
1) an original Philips cd-i disc, or
2) a copied disk (cd-r) or a cd audio disc ?

In the second case, your cd-i player may be ok! Put the disc in, and if the player displays 'ERR', turn the machine off. Leave the disc in the machine! Now turn it on again. The disc might work. If not, try again. If the disc won't run after a few times, try another one or try an original cd-i disc.
Note that a cd-i player wont run any cd-rw disc!

If an original Philips cd-i disk wont run, your machine is almost certain broken. :cry: But first make sure that you are not trying to run a DVC title on a machine without a DV Cartridge!

I don't know any company that repairs these players. Some people here did it themselve. Its easier (and maybe cheaper) to buy another, second hand player somewhere.

Good luck!

retro ash
Burn:Cycle Activated

cdi repair

Post by retro ash » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:21 pm

the software is all original, i have a digital Video cartidge and the VCD doesnt work as well as the software, i could try to get in to have a look but i do not have a screwdriver bit to get it open