ive found my new addiction: trying to find Zelda's Adventure

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

ive found my new addiction: trying to find Zelda's Adventure

Post by Vincent XIII » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm

omg this games is so imposible to find! its never even on ebay or ebay uk or anywhere lolz where can you find it? is there some kind of CDI store?

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: ive found my new addiction: trying to find Zelda's Adven

Post by XCLTempesT » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Vincent XIII wrote:omg this games is so imposible to find! its never even on ebay or ebay uk or anywhere lolz where can you find it? is there some kind of CDI store?
The game is not that rare on ebay. (but you do have to search internationally, most are ebay.nl, ebay.de and ebay.co.uk )

Although it isn't that rare, it is rather expensive. (I have yet to see a copy sell for less then 50,- euros, that is something like $70,- ).

I have sold a few copies in the past on Ebay.
They have been selling for prices ranging from 56,- euros up to 103,- euros! (some of the copies had a slightly worn manual booklet, hence a lower price).
If you want I can put another copy online (I still have a few doubles in my collection, most are in very good condition, one copy has a manual that is in bad shape, it will probably sell for less).

Or I could sell it to you directly, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:36 pm

lol its fine i just wanted to know where i could find it ^^ thanks anyways tho ^^

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit

Post by Vincent XIII » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:44 pm

i might take you up on your offer sometime soon tho ^^

when i do ill contact you cuz you have the cheapest price's ive seen LOL

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:50 am

When I got my copy years ago, I only paid about 25 €. :D And it was even still factory-sealed. It's only expensive these days because the game is more known than it was back then. Too bad, since what you have to pay for a copy today is ridiculous...

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:09 pm

I don't know if it is ridiculous, it is what people are willing to pay for it.

I agree that I wouldn't pay 100,- bucks for it, but others might. Also I live in Holland and the game isn't that rare here (a lot of CDI stuff has been sold here), but the game wasn't even released in the US, so it is very rare in the States (and Japan for that matter).

There are a lot of things, that I think are way to expensive when compared to similar products, and I wouldn't pay the full market price for them (the apple iphone comes to mind: beautiful device, but way to expensive for the limited functionality)

So I think the term "ridiculous" is a bit to much.

BTW. even on the Dutch buy and sell site "marktplaats" prices for this game have gone up, and people ARE paying 50,- euros or more for the game. (please not that the advertisement currently on the site isn't mine)

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:18 pm

I mean auctions like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0121480598

Most Zelda's Adventure auctions are buy-it-now ones with such ridiculous prices. If the sellers would just let it start at 1 Euro/US$/whatever, then it would sell for a reasonable price, but since the game is quite famous these days, they all try to make quick bucks...

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:28 pm

But those auctions don't sell, nobody is willing to pay that kind of money for (i.m.h.o.) such a bad game.

All three copies I sold were 10 day bidding auctions starting at 1 euro. they all sold for more than 50,- euros and the best copy (that was as close to mint as possible) sold for more than 100.- euros!

Like I said, I still have a few zelda's adventure discs, so I'm willing to put one on ebay. (I even could use the money, I'm would like to buy the Canon TX-1 digital camera when it is released in Europe, just hope they release it before the European commission raise the taxes on digital cameras, and making them 15% more expensive!)

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:39 pm

XCLTempesT wrote:But those auctions don't sell, nobody is willing to pay that kind of money for (i.m.h.o.) such a bad game.
Believe it or not, but I saw similar ones that did sell! And lots of "dumb" people who don't know much about the real value believe that it is worth that much, which causes the price for it to raise. That's a common problem with profiteering on ebay, however.

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Then maybe I should try that :-)

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Not that long ago, I bought a copy of Zelda's adventure for only 15 euro.

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit

Post by Vincent XIII » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:48 pm

thats something that i could say "i miss the good old days" XDDD

rdjnl is a lucky ducky >< XDDD

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:10 pm