Shaolin's Road - Testing Phase 2

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Shaolin's Road - Testing Phase 2

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:44 am

heres an auction I was watching for a testing phase disc of Shaolin's Road - http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=022

someone just bought it - is it worth 50 euro? I'm not even sure what a testing phase disc is or how it would be different to the normal version. if it were a prototype than it would of been worth it

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:32 pm

nice find, although as far as I'm aware the 'Testing Phase' cd-i discs are no prototypes anymore, hence the version number 1 and higher. I would guess it is for final bug testing, otherwise they would not have pressed it on a real cd.

I had two testing phase discs, one of Zelda's Adventure and one of Mutant Rampage, but both are (as far as I know) exactly the same as the retail version. It surprised me these games also sold very well... :D

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:18 pm

No, it's not worth 50 euro - at least to me. Testing phase to me would sound like the kind of disc you'd send to that outfit in Belgium where they certified discs and made sure they ran on all kinds of CD-i player. I also have quite a few of these sort of discs.