Thinking of selling my collection, whats a realistic price?

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Thinking of selling my collection, whats a realistic price?

Post by Merijn » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Hey all, I've grown a bit tired of my CD-i, and I'm thinking of selling my collection. It's got some nice gems in it. I preferably want to sell it i one lot. Now I've calculated that the total worth should be somehwere around 500-600 euro, Thinking of putting it up for auction at somewhere between 350-400 euro, do you all think that's realistic?
Thanks, Merijn

CDI 470 incl Digital video
Gamepad
Peacekeeper Gun
Escape from Cybercity
The 7th Guest
Mutant Rampage
Kingdom: the far reaches
Voyeur
Burn: Cycle
Rise of the Robots
Litil Divil
Space Ace
Kingdom Shadoan
Solar Crusade
Braindead 13
The Lost Ride
Creature Shock
Lost Eden
Secret Mission
Lucky Luke
Hotel Mario
The Apprentice
Shaolin's Road
Thunder in Paradise
Mad Dog MC Cree
Mag Dog 2 - The lost gold
The Last Bounty Hunter
Crime Patrol
Crime Patrol 2 - Drug Wars
Dragon's Lair
Master Labyrinth
Marco Polo

USA 94 - World Cup
U2 Rattle & Hum
Top Gun
4 weddings and a Funeral
Playboy complete massage

CDI games highlights
CD Online Demonstration disc
CD-online Issue 2
99-1 Doing The Business VCD
Video CD Music Sampler
PMI Picture Music Sampler
Valkieser Digital Video Demo disc
Philips Media ECTS 1996 Press Kit
Micro Machines 3 level Demo
Last edited by Merijn on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:59 pm

You'll regret selling it a few years later, believe me!

But if you really want to, I think you can make more money out of it when you sell each item seperately. Selling it all in one lot wants people to pay less. Still, if you get 400 euro for all that, it would surprise me. But then again, apparently there are people paying a lot for CD-i.

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I agree, you WILL regret selling this wonderfull collection!

Selling the items separately will probably be a better idea (in the way that I think you will get more money for the items).

The real CD-I collector already has a lot of the items you are selling and is only interested in some of the more rare items (the other items are more or less worthless to them). For more casual cdi gamers the common games could have a nostalgic value, but the rarer game will not be worth that much more.
So I think that casual gamers won't pay much for the rare games and collectors won't pay anything for the common items. So selling both together would not be ideal.

But I would be very interested to see how it turns out if you try and sell the set for something like 400,- euros or so. But I think you may not sell it at all for that price.

I would sell the following "rare" items seperately:
Solar Crusade
Braindead 13
The Lost Ride
Creature Shock
Shaolin's Road
The Last Bounty Hunter
Crime Patrol 2 - Drug Wars

And maybe also these:
Kingdom Shadoan
Mag Dog 2 - The lost gold
Crime Patrol
Master Labyrinth
Marco Polo
CD-online Issue 2

But even if you sell them separately I do not think you will get that 500-600 euros. But I could be wrong.

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Well the sum of it all is probably somewhere in the 500+ euro range if I did my math a bit correctly. So that's why i thought a 400 euro price would be realistic. But that would probably not attract a whole lot of people.. I just don't want to get in the hassle of selling everything seperately, shipping, having left over stock no-one want.. etc..

It is a nice collection isn't it..I haven't really done anything with it for the last 2 years, it's basically gathering dust, taking up space..but on the other hand it's some nice memories collected too...

Well I haven't made up my mind yet, but If I ever sell it I will make sure to let everyonehere know first;-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:02 pm

My collection is gathering dust for almost ten years, except for a few titles maybe ;)
But I don't think I'll ever sell it, as you say, just for the memories it holds.

Although some day I'm thinking of selling my Microcosm CD-i disc. I wonder how that goes, and it's also just collecting dust here. Maybe others can get more data out of it.

But Merijn, you don't even have Atlantis: The Last Resort in your collection? What kind of cd-i fan were you!! ;)

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Sell separately if you can with the crazy prices some people are paying for individual games...

If you have the Zelda games for example..

Link and Zelda both go for around 35 Euros each on ebay UK and obviously Zelda Adventures goes for around £60 - £70 price mark.

You could buy Link and Zelda for about £5-10 only a few months ago..

It would be a good idea to make a list of the average selling price for each CDI game along with a rareity guide to.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:18 am

hey merjin what is the "Philips Media ECTS 1996 Press Kit"?

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Hmm Atlantis.. I thought I had that too... and I realize there's a few more titles missing.. probably buries somewhere, let me see about that..

Actually to be completely honest (this is sacriligious to many people here probably) I never was a big fan of Antlantis, not impressed at all with the engine. I was actually a big FPS fan back then and to me it always seemed outdated, even though for CDi it was a technical marvel of course!

The ECTS press kit, I just had another look at that and it's not really CDi related. It's got some pictures and texts about the Philips Media games, but covers PC and Mac only. There's some familiar titles, like Down in the Dumps, Demon Driver, The Dame was Loaded.. but again, only PC/MAC, no mentions of the CDi...

Oh and I forgot to mention I also have
- Who shot Johnny Rock
- Dragon's Lair 2
- Guitar lessons : Rock guitar

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Am I the only person who actually regularly plays on their cd-i?? I play at least 3 times a week. I just love the games. Had a gaming session at my cousin's on Saturday, where we played some old skool arcade games like Wonderboy, Street Fighter 2, Gorf, Punch out etc. Great fun, but still prefer cd-i.

Merijn - KEEP THE COLLECTION!!!