WTB: CDI 490

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
thund3r
Burn:Cycle Activated

WTB: CDI 490

Post by thund3r » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Looking for a used 490 system, not too bothered if its without games as I can source them out on ebay. I can pay via paypal and offer other credited sources if you need evidence before sending item.

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:39 pm

one on ebay at the mo or is it a 470 comes with a bunch of games, tbh mate your only after a 490 cos of space could ya just not get one of the larger models and just stick it underneath your dvd player!

Yoder

Post by Yoder » Sun May 08, 2011 7:50 pm

I have one over here in the US and can't use it since it's PAL :-( I just joined to see if you'd want to buy mine :-) It's a 490 (bare) and seems to boot fine and the CD drive works fine but the screen rolls on my NTSC TV :-( Not sure about the timekeeper clock/game save chip...sounds like they go bad eventually but I proably can't test that functionality. If they're rare over there, I can get one here and include it in the package since they're $15 shipped here.

Looks like shipping would be almost $48 at 6 lbs and a couple oz.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.asp ... =6&p=6&o=1#

I'll PM you with a solicitation :-)

Hmm... I wonder if my LCD will accept PAL? Probably not...

Cheery O from the US :-)

Edit: Oh, and if there is anything rare there but common in the US you'd like me to pick up and include, just let me know!

thund3r

Post by thund3r » Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Yoder wrote:I have one over here in the US and can't use it since it's PAL :-( I just joined to see if you'd want to buy mine :-) It's a 490 (bare) and seems to boot fine and the CD drive works fine but the screen rolls on my NTSC TV :-( Not sure about the timekeeper clock/game save chip...sounds like they go bad eventually but I proably can't test that functionality. If they're rare over there, I can get one here and include it in the package since they're $15 shipped here.

Looks like shipping would be almost $48 at 6 lbs and a couple oz.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.asp ... =6&p=6&o=1#

I'll PM you with a solicitation :-)

Hmm... I wonder if my LCD will accept PAL? Probably not...

Cheery O from the US :-)

Edit: Oh, and if there is anything rare there but common in the US you'd like me to pick up and include, just let me know!
Thanks for the kind offer, but i'm going to see if i can get this for a cheap price http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Philips-CDI-CD-I- ... 4159679557
If it does go for more than i'm willing to pay then i'll take your offer into consideration :)

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:24 am

haha,good luck

thund3r

Post by thund3r » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 am

paid for Yoder's CDi unit, he was very helpful, provided photos and a pleasure to deal with. In a way i'm glad i didnt win the ebay auction! :) Now onto some games!

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice one :-)

Let us know what games you pick up