Looking for information

Blog full of information on CD-i and how Philips ambitious interactive idealism reverberates throughout the world of technology to this day and age. With commentary from developers through sales personal and even game testers, Interactive Dreams offers plenty of insight and retrospective analysis.
doob
Burn:Cycle Activated

Looking for information

Post by doob » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Hello.

First of all, my congratulations on this wonderful site, with lots of invaluable information! Props!

I'm a volunteer working for user-generated games database MobyGames both as a contributor and behind the scenes as an approver.

Unfortunately MobyGames is very lacking in information on games for the CD-i. Up until a year ago only a dozen or so games were documented. Throughout this year I've been trying to get the database up to date. This site has been a great source of information, as well as philipscdi.com. It helped me write at least a stub for the majority of the games.

Some titles stay elusive for me though. I was hoping if some people here could help me out. Here's a list of titles I can find nothing or hardly anything about. if anyone can tell me more about it (developer, publisher, date/year of release, story, game play description, etc.) that would be awesome.
  • The Adventure of the Space Ship Beagle
    L'Albero Azzurro
    Kiss
    Naftaline Chez Elle
    Naftaline Et Ses Amis
    Pathways
    Pegasus
    Weather Kitchen
    Wuzzo Goes on Holiday
Some of these might not even be games, if so please tell me. Then I know I have to put no further research into them.

As I said. Any info would be welcome!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi! Thanks for your words!

The Adventure of the Space Ship Beagle was published by Denshi Media Services. It's a first generation CD-i game not requiring the DVC. It's basically a children title, but it's still a game.

L'Albero Azzurro :Never heard of it!
Kiss : That was the project from 3T, the same guys behind Clue on CD-i. It's some kind of dating game.

The Naftaline CDi titles were also children titles, telling an interactive story just like Tim & Bear did on CD-i. (You can choose the story from time to time, color the screen with digital pencils and solve puzzles of the screen)

Pegasus: First generation american story telling disc, aimed to children.
Weather Kitchen : Never heard of it. Also the other titles you mention I don't know. I'll check them where I can, who knows what information will come up.

Thanks for reading Interactive Dreams!

doob
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by doob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey Bas, thanks for your information!

Not enough yet to create game entries at MobyGames, but at least you confirmed that most of these are indeed games or feature game-like elements.

I'll be glad to hear anything you can find. I'll be checking back here from time to time.

L'Abero Azzuro is a multimedia title based on a Italian Television show with the same name ("Blue Tree"). I'm not sure however if it's a game or just a collection of the shows or some kind of informative database. But I'm suspecting the first.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 pm

great info. Thanks!