Needed dev stuff

Support forum for homebrew development on the Philips CD-i system. Hosted through the CDinteractive network the CD-i Homebrew Forum will provide an active resource for new software initiatives on the system and offer hosting for any serious attempts.
PeteD
Burn:Cycle Activated

Needed dev stuff

Post by PeteD » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:48 am

*EDIT*

Never mind, found a copy of the green book and with cd-ice source and bits and pieces of the RTF building left over from Rise dev I think I've got it all sussed so will code my own image builder.

Hi Guys,

I've finally got some time to do some CD-i dev and have a couple of game ideas and an artist on board. I've got assemblers/compilers etc working and a cd of my old source code to steal stuff from.

What I need is a way to burn appropriate images. I want to do streaming which as far as i remember makes it a bit more of a pain because of the different sector formats/disk layout. I could write my own tool to do it IF I can get hold of info on what's required (probably a copy of the Green Book). I might be able to work it out from what I did on cd-ice but reading data tends to be easier than writing it if you're not sure where things are supposed to go..

Anyone have any info/tools/files??

Pete

highlandcattle
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by highlandcattle » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm

I'cant help you with the stuff that your looking for but a homebrew game would be really nice. Awesome actually!