Hello everyone!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
omegalfa
Le Monde Du CD-i Team

Hello everyone!

Post by omegalfa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:53 am

Hi all,

It's been a while since I showed up, maybe 9 years...
I am glad to see that this community is still here!
Hello to all the people that I already know and hello to all the new people!

I've been out of scene for several years but I am still a CD-i lover and do belive in this old but great technology was ahead of its time.
I just want to let you know that I took a long sabbatical time, and I am here now to answer any of your questions, it you want of course...
But first of all, no, "Le Monde du CD-i" or "The world of CD-i" will not come back, I don't have enaught time for this kind of project. Maybe an "offline" version will be created, but I need to talk to several people first.

I wish a Merry Christmas to all of you, and na happy New Year 2017!

Best Regards
Omegalfa

Damn... I feel good talking about CD-i again ;)
Last edited by omegalfa on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.theworldofcdi.com

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by cdifan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Hello and welcome back!

The community is still here, but seems awfully quiet at times...
What kind of files do you have, anything exotic there?

omegalfa
Le Monde Du CD-i Team

Post by omegalfa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 am

Hey cdifan,

How do you do?
I have contacted djkoelkast, the webmaster behind "the world of cd-i", but unfortunately he have no more the files and articles...
I have to search my files under "le monde du cd-i".

For "le monde du cd-i" I'll maybe able to create a standing version of the site for consulting files.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:34 am

Hi Omegalfa,
Nice to see you back! Your old site has a lot of good memories in my head, but I understand something like that won't happen again in our cd-i scene anymore.

It would be nice to host any old stuff you still might have here on the forum or in Interactive Dreams, which is dorming but not gone or anything.

Happy New Year! (The spam is hopefully again under control now)

omegalfa
Le Monde Du CD-i Team

Post by omegalfa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 am

To say the truth, I had lost my files.
I was searching everywhere all my backups on hdd's, dvd's, cd's... after so many years lot of things disappear.

Bas asked me several times for the files for hosting them, but I couldn't give them to him or anyone else, there is to much work on it. It would not be fair for all my team.

I understand that the community have the right to view them, but as everything in life, all has an end. Even the Philips CD-i ended.

I have contacted in January Mathias from "philipscdi.com", I told him I wasn't going to restart "The World of CD-i" beacause I couldn't find the files anymore.
He asked me if I was interested to work with him, I accepted but just for some occasional help.

Well after this talk, I was in my desk and I opened my drawer... The files was right in front of me... the dvd I was searching for... Damned...What the hell...

This made me think a lot...
I opened all the files, everything was there... damn... so many hours lost on it with my teammates... so many stuff... (even if we have been criticized several times for things we have done...).
In memory of good old time and especially of my team, yes I say the word "team" a lot of time because we was a real family, even if I was the founder of the site and the main responsible of all decisions, all of the decisions was made by votes, nothing was added without the knowledge of anyone. We work hard on it, maybe to much hard... that's why it ended. After to much security problems, nights not sleeps writing articles, discussing the futur projects everyday with Blurb69, TerraTron, DjKoelkast, CougardCDI, Bretoles and BurnCycle... When I see all of this after all theses years, I only have good memories...
That why I contacted DjKoelkast again, (I had contacted him back in 2009 for a possible comeback that never happens) we talk a lot about personal life, availability, past and futur. He told me that he lost his files too, but something has changed... I can feel it... A great will is in the air...

DjKoelkast on the boat
BurnCycle on the boat
Bretoles on the boat
Blurb69 waiting...
TerraTron waiting...
CougardCDI waiting...

Get ready for something coming... something different...

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Okay, now you're making me curious :shock:

omegalfa
Le Monde Du CD-i Team

Post by omegalfa » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:18 am

A page on Facebook has been created.
A special page created as a LOG for letting people know the evolution of the development.

If anyone is interested, you can join right here:
https://facebook.com/groups/397677147251059