CD-i Developer Model 605 Question.....

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
xanfan
Burn:Cycle Activated

CD-i Developer Model 605 Question.....

Post by xanfan » Wed May 03, 2006 2:36 pm

Hey all...

I thought that while I was browsing online (aka, wasting time online. Ha!), that I'd ask you guys about the CD-i Model 605.

I recently obtained on in a videotape trade. (He wanted episodes of TV shows not airing anymore, he gave me the CD-i in return.) I have the system hooked up, and it runs as good as I can test. (I don't have any CD caddies to test the system, but it boots up just fine.)

I'm really curious about this machine, how it worked, and what could be done with it. Could this machine actually be used to program titles for the CD-i? What kind of software (or additional hardware) would you need? What purpose does the floppy drive have for this device? Is it true that you could hook up a standard computer keyboard to this version of the system? What purpose did all of the extra ports on the back have?

I don't know much about developer or professional versions of the CD-i, but it was quite a steal, and I was glad to get a hold of one, even if I wasn't fully sure of what it was capable of doing. Anyone feel like offering me some insight on this beast? :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:06 pm

maybe you like this....