New CD-i updates @ Past 2 Present

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

New CD-i updates @ Past 2 Present

Post by Bas » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm

I have to admit I never heard of this site before, but they offer some new updates about CD-i games, including new video's (instead of ripping them from other sites, these are totally different, which is great!), pics and small reviews. Thanks to Borman for the news!

http://www.ptop.aborman.com/

Material hosting about:

* A Great Day at the Races [CD-i]
* Zelda: Wand of Gamelon [CD-i]
* Children's Musical Theater [CD-i]
* Hotel Mario [CD-i]
* Super Mario's Wacky Worlds [CD-i] [Unreleased]
* Link: Faces of Evil [CD-i]

And more to follow....

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:54 am

Hah, I happened upon this site by chance.

Basically, Im the web master over there. Its a brand new site, launched in the early spring of this year, and I recently got a new TV Tuner. So, as you can tell, ive been going wild. I have a bunch of games I have yet to even play in my CDi player, so expect more. I just graduated from High School on Saturday, so now that my obligations are out of the way, more content is to come.

Thanks a lot for the coverage!

My CD-i along with a Laserdisc player heh

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Borman wrote:Thanks a lot for the coverage!
We like CD-i... we really do! :D

I'll have to plug your site through Black Moon after I do a proper post on the Microcosm Prototype. Lovely LaserDisc player, not a LaserActive though. Does look rather similar in dimensions I have to say.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:47 pm

Next game I cover will probably be Escape from Cyber City, Ive got two different Not for Resale ones, though im sure they are the same. I won a lot of them that were on ebay a few weeks back.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:59 am

That's a nice collection of 'Not for sale' cd-i discs, Borman! Welcome here, you know there aren't that much updates around cd-i so any we find are lively attentioned here! Noticing the AIM stamp I suppose they are mostly first-gen titles. It's surprising every time how many of these 'not for sale' discs are around :)

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:15 pm

Bah Im horrible at Escape from Cyber City, even with playing using a normal control finally lol. Any game suggestions of any kind? My main stuff isnt normally the CD-i, so it makes it a bit harder for me to go picking out titles. Im an arcade collector mostly now

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:03 am

If you love the arcade, you shouldn't miss on the Dragon's Lair games and the ALG games like Mad Dog McCree and Crime Patrol. Others that give a little arcade feeling are Pac-Panic, Lemmings, Micro Machines... plenty of games to check out :) And don't forget The Apprentice, this was like CD-i's secret weapon. It is the best genuinly exclusive CD-i release, no doubt about that.

Along with Steel Machine, Escape from Cybercity I consider to be the hardest game on CD-i, so don't worry when you think like that!

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:05 am

Ive been testing out some new features to get ready for the next CD-i game, so if youd test that out for me, itd be nice :) The new features are on the Samba de Amigo DC part, with videos, and a new feature to zoom in on the Thumbnail. The video is a bit loud and cut off do to the program im using not being registered, but thats alright :)

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 pm

New CD-i games finally coming soon! I have 61 games on the way, includin

Edit: I am also working on a layout for Universal Cases, specifially for my Promo games since they dont have full box art of any sort. The cases hold most cart games, along with CDs, and looks nice on the shelf.

The universal case next to a Sega Naomi arcade game

Some of the boxes:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:48 pm

That looks really nice Borman!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:17 am

Yeah, that's a nice one! Keep them coming! I also hated those big box versions, and it seems hard to get a jewel case version of games like Escape from Cybercity, ALien gate and Voyeur: Most of them are auctioned in an old big box version....

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:01 am

Microcosm brought to you by Past to Present Online
http://ptoponline.com

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:06 am

Very nice! That is the video we've already seen and that looks very much like the work of 'Lost Boys' if I'm not mistaken.

Look over the credits on the disc Borman and you should discover the Lost Boys referenced somewhere. I have a promotional disc that uses the same sort of menu/sound system. Really professional work and of course extremely cool melodic music.

UPDATE: My mistake, not Lost Boys but the Valkieser Group... easy to confuse! :wink:

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:17 am

Yep, I believe it is. Ive updated the videos on the site with direct rips (other then the watermark of course lol) so the quality is better

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:48 am

Litil Divil, another CD-i game, brought to you by Past to Present Online
http://ptoponline.com