CD-i Technical Archive

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

CD-i Technical Archive

Post by Bas » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:03 am

Again, take a look at the efforts TerraTron made in de past months creating his domain at cd-i.kicks-ass.net,

He combined most of the stuff he was busy with during the CD-i Fan Club era, plus his latest guide about the timekeeper and the controller port.

Check out:

The CD-i Technical Archive

Apparently, they are also offering some kind of repair service, but I'm a little sceptic about these offers. As the website is not 'officially' launched, the status will be in a test I suppose...

Once he's around he'll explain I hope. (Plus being surprised to read it here first :twisted: ) - We should start a campaign slogan: Always the first!

Oh well....

TerraTron
Burn:Cycle Activated

Oke.....you got me......

Post by TerraTron » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 am

:?

It is indeed a website I was building...and filling with hardware related documents......I wasn't ready yet........

How did you discover it?

The repair service is maybe.... an option.....

First I have many other things (private things) to do.....

There will be some service from TerraTron PC Service....but wait......it's all in the pencil.....
:wink:
We don't want to link everything... Just index..

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:12 pm

Google I expect! :roll:

Hurry up and get writing Terratron, we're wet with anticipation! :D
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Oke.....you got me......

Post by Bas » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:23 pm

TerraTron wrote::?

It is indeed a website I was building...and filling with hardware related documents......I wasn't ready yet........

How did you discover it?

The repair service is maybe.... an option.....

First I have many other things (private things) to do.....

There will be some service from TerraTron PC Service....but wait......it's all in the pencil.....
:wink:
Well, I found out a little earlier, but I was holding it . I'm sorry but I couldn't resist posting it. Please guys, just don't put things online and blame me for posting a link, like with Omegalfa. If you don't want people to see it, just don't put it online.

However, it was your stats-tracker that reveiled the link this time...

Good you hear from you again, Arno :D

TerraTron
Burn:Cycle Activated

Oke guys here is the news.....

Post by TerraTron » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:53 pm

We don't want to link everything... Just index..

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:06 am

Well that's all Dutch to me! :wink:

Whatever it's about I wish you the best Terratron in whatever it is you announced. Which is what I CAN gather this is! :roll:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:09 pm

With all respect this still sucks, Terratron was the milestone for the Eigenstart portal. While I've never been the greatest fan of link-pages I suppose, the efforts I really admired, we don't have that many people with a high interest in this system. I hope you will be around with your own website, which I already love a lot more. It's very clean, and very simple, effective.

And show Le Monde how it all should/could be ;)

Good luck with all, and never forget your phrase: Keep the CD-i alive...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:13 pm

Could somebody please tell me what this soding announcement is! :?

Seriosuly, I don't understand Dutch... I can barely comprehend Bas at times :wink: (only joking!)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:49 am

The short version is, TerraTron will stop his cdi.eigenstart.nl website. You can see it from the bright side now he has more time for some more interesting projects like this hardware archive, but it's another departure in a very small community, which is bad...

As he sais and while it's not really interesting (those portals) for those who are in the community already, I'm sure it gave or raised the interest in CD-i to those who have never seen CD-i before.

The long version is a little long to translate...

Although, the eigenstart page will be maintained by someone else, so it's not a complete loss. I guess.

It's a matter of time and the whole Le Monde du CD-i will come to an end. The only significant updates it had in the past seven months were from Terratron, before that the site was absent for over a year. You don't hear a single thing from them ever, I wouldn't be surprised....

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Terratron, if you're ever online again, what's going to happen with your technical archive? The initiative was great and the site was up and running, unfortunately now the site is down for months..... Did you shut it down completely? Keeping the archive for the future, CDinteractive is able and willing to host the site, if you're looking for a host.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Wow, a little change in Terratron's webspace:

http://cd-i.kicks-ass.net/

Looks like everything is gone and locked behind closed doors this time? I feel like a surprise coming up ;)