Deja Vu II...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
xanfan
Burn:Cycle Activated

Deja Vu II...

Post by xanfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:19 am

I've seen this title come up several times over the course of my love for the CDi. (I even remember seeing the game in "coming soon" format in one of the catalogs when I bought my original system, thinking how great it would be, since I loved the original version on my NES.)

I keep hearing people say different answers to the question, "Was it ever released". Some people say yes, but not in the USA, some say it did get released in the USA but it was towards the end of the systems life and thus didn't get wide coverage.

Has anyone actually seen this game on CDi? (Either official release or even prototype form?)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:12 am

read here

The ICOM titles remain a mystery to CD-i, as far as I know nobody has ever seen it on CD-i. There are only rumours and references in CD-i Magazines, and hunting down some old ICOM members is still on the agenda, so who knows!

xanfan
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by xanfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 am

Wow! So it really IS unknown if these games were ever released. (And they planned Shadowgate to boot? Talk about uber sweet!)

I bet ICOM could have done a lot with those games with CD-i. I would have also loved to see a port of Maniac Mansion done. I bet that would have rocked on the system. :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:10 pm

you know, something I asked in the other topic, but got down to nowhere, can you are anybody else post the credits (at least some names) about the ICOM titles? In this way we can try to track down those people, would be a good first start!