Audience with Johnny Wood, the ADS Crew!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Audience with Johnny Wood, the ADS Crew!

Post by Bas » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:41 pm

This one really deserves a rub-a-dub! Straight from one of the Philips Software Headquarters, Johnny Wood showed us a really extensive look in the world of CD-i. Considered as one of the best studios behind the technique of CD-i, Dorking is one of the best places remembered by us CD-i enthusiasts. Read and enjoy :D

With an exclusive invitation to the residence of Johnny Wood, one of the pioneers at Philips who joined the ADS (Advanced Development and Support) Crowd, how could I resist? For those not familiar with the games from ADS you don't know what you're missing. ADS games provided the most playable, addictive and innovative titles CD-i has ever witnessed. As an Artist, Johnny Wood's expertise wasn't limited to the paintbrush and as I discovered proved to be a technical wizard leaving allegedly better-qualified boffins in the dust! In true British fashion we discuss the finer points of Philips Media, CD-i and what formed the unique blend of talent at ADS over a cup of tea. Read and enjoy a new extensive Black Moon feature in an Interview with Johnny Wood - ex Philips ADS.