Free programs to burn VideoCD's?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Free programs to burn VideoCD's?

Post by Bas » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:43 pm

Do you know of any free (legal) programs to burn images in VCD format, so it will be playable on CD-i?

Gir Draxa
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Gir Draxa » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:50 am

You know, there really isn't much out there thats free, and only a few pay programs that still provide the CD-i program needed to make it work. Nero Works, Cequadrant and Nero being the most supportive. NTI's whopping $2K price tag is a bit much, and the program is really lack luster anyhow.

Best to dig up the cash and buy the software. Heck, who needs that $200 copy of Zelda : Wand of Gamelon anyhow? LOL

Drax
CEO of the (in search of a home) CD-i Collective and 3DO Collective

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 am

I don't know about play back on CD-i hardware but I have had success burning Video CD's using a combination of WinAVI to encode and Nero Vision to burn the discs. I also have done some encodes using Sony Vegas but WinAVI is faster although Vegas is well more powerful for one and can do a lot more than convert video files.

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 am

i dont know about it ,

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

proxy10 wrote:i dont know about it ,
So ... why bother posting? :?

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Trev wrote:
My username is a comic book/cartoon character who, at one point in his strange life, would kill people he disliked (and even ones he didn't know if he was bored) using a "sand-coffin". Perhaps we should call him up from cartoonland and see how he reacts to proxy10's spamming?

Also, burning some VCDs to play on a CD-i player sounds cool. Wouldn't mind do one with a re-encoded version of a Nintendo 3DS review I watched on YouTube. Why I want to do this, I don't know.
Last edited by Gaara on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Gaara wrote:
Trev wrote:
My username is a comic book/cartoon character who, at one point in his strange life, would kill people he disliked (and even he didn't know if he was bored) using a "sand-coffin". Perhaps we should call him up from cartoonland and see how he reacts to proxy10's spamming?.
:lol: