Burn:Cycle release

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Burn:Cycle release

Post by rdjnl » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:11 pm

I recently bought a (second hand) copy of Burn:cycle on eBay. It surprised me a bit.

Especially the front cover: it says Burn:cycle mission briefing. No more. Even the name Philips and the cd-i logo aren't there.

Also there's an envelope addressed to Sol Cutter included.

There are two disc: the game and the music.

Everything has catalog no 310690145-2 (That's the American version, right ?) The back is the same as the American version that is shown on the black moon project website.

I searched the internet, but I can't find this version anywhere.

What did i get?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm

It sounds like you've got yourself a 'Limited Edition' USA release of Burn:Cycle without the closed slipcase. Although I don't remember the envelope addressed to Sol Cutter being included in the USA version. Maybe it was for the Limited Edition release which by the way is identical to the regular one but just includes the Music CD as a bonus. Standard in the European revision!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:08 am

I was beginning to suspect that I got a mixture of all kind of burn:cycle 'parts' that someone composed to obtain a complete product!

I saw the promotional version of Burn:Cycle on your Black Moon Project website too. That must be very special. It's very nice.

I now realize how little I in fact know about cd-i. A few moths ago I didn't even know that there were such great differences between European releases and those in the US.

Gir Draxa
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Gir Draxa » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:34 am

Actually, thats the original release of Burn:Cycle. True to form it does come with the music CD extra, though I've yet to see a US release that didn't come with one. I've seen the ones that didn't come with the slip cover or envelope, but they've still got the music CD.

Why not a few pix?

Enjoy!
Drax
CEO of the (in search of a home) CD-i Collective and 3DO Collective