Sony Cdi on ebay

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
highlandcattle
Burn:Cycle Activated

Sony Cdi on ebay

Post by highlandcattle » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:17 pm

Pretty interesting , I wonder how high it will fetch:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Portable-CD-I- ... dZViewItem

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Already got one of those! :wink:

What I'm really looking for is the early versions which actually came with the logo 'Intelligent Discman', later revisions simply come with the standard 'CD Interactive' as is the case in this auction. It's a nice player with button battery NV-RAM backup so no fear of the old memory death.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:14 am

or the digital video prototype :shock:

Oh the Sony CD-i is such a remarkable piece of history, I'd like some pics of the OS shell in high-res! Devin, you think something like that is possible...?

highlandcattle
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by highlandcattle » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:47 pm

insertcredit.com reported on it. Thanks to a forum post where I got it too.

Today I went to a flea market bought Little Devil and Daems (VCD) for 0.50 euro a piece.
Hooray

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:29 pm

Very nice unit! I never knew that there were other portable players than the 3xx series. Was that "Intelligent Discman" equipped with a DVC?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:04 pm

No, it was a base case system, though a proto version with DVC capabilities is rumoured (Like my hint was about :wink: )

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:26 pm

At the last CGEXPO I spoke to a chap that was very articulate about CD-i and had a great understanding of the system. So when he said at some swap meet (or something similar!) he met an ex-employee that actually had a SONY Portable complete with DVC capabilities I was rather shocked! Apparently it was only used within SONY so we're not sure if it was ever intended for a commercial release. This chap wanted to buy and knew how important/valuable it would be but unfortunately it wasn't for sale!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"