Zelda CD-i Official Artwork Reproductions - Charity Auction!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Zelda CD-i Official Artwork Reproductions - Charity Auction!

Post by Bas » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:51 pm

so this is a little "to be continued" and the to-be part starts next thursday!

And I'm sure Devin has more juicy details to tell [DRUM ROLLING]

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 pm

It's a cool package for CD-i fans and the Zelda collectors out there. If you want to learn more the news is published in RetroGamer Magazine issue 31 which you can pick up off the news stand here in the UK come thursday. Of course I'll be revealing all on the evening of that day as well when the auction goes live.

In total 9 items are included in this auction two of which are unique and 1 probably won't be all that common. Whilst the other 6 range from uncommon to desirable pieces for retro collectors. Guessed yet? More to follow on thursday I promise! :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:44 am

The auction has gone live, link follows: Official Link Artwork Reproductions Auction.

As I promised we have loads of other cool goodies on offer, read the auction for full details. Here's a quick run through of what the winning bidder gets all the same...
  • - Framed A4 sized 'Official Artwork Reproduction' from Link - The Faces of Evil signed by the artist, Rob Dunlavey.
    - Exclusive A4 sized 'Covering Letter' describing the artist, Rob Dunlavey's influences creating this artwork in his own words also signed and framed.
    - RetroGamer Magazine Issue 27, featuring a 6-page article about 'The Making of' both 'Link - The Faces of Evil' and 'Zelda - The Wand of Gamelon'. Signed by the author of this excellent feature, John Szczepaniak along with all the people from Imagine Publishing working on RetroGamer including the Editor Darran Jones.
    - The complete library of games that Rob Dunlavey had a hand in moulding from Spinnaker Software which branched into Animation Magic including...
    • Alice in Wonderland
      Sargon Chess
      Laser Lords
      Mutant Rampage
      Zelda - The Wand of Gamelon
      Link - The Faces of Evil
So get bidding now! :D

GAMGATOR2000
Softech Recruit

OK "BAS" Let's see you beat my WINNING BID!!!

Post by GAMGATOR2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:18 am

BID TILL IT HURTS!

Dig deep into those Pockets, put the lint aside and then attack the Sofa cushions!

Glad to be part of this #1 rated BBC Auction,
gamgator2000 out . . . :twisted:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:41 am

Thanks for your support GATOR, you certainly got the ball rolling. Just over 1 day into this 10 day auction and it's already tipping £100!

It's already surpassed my expectations, how much higher can it go? :shock:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Very unique, this kind of auction I've never seen! Especially the official reprints are a feast to the eyes; The charity label is also a stimulating add, so you all can be sure our little pockets from Black Moon won't get a penny :D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:13 pm

Yeah, it's good that these auctions are 100% transparent through the charity body Mission Fish. So bidders KNOW every penny is going to the listed charity. I've also opted for 'Gift Aid' which means the charity can claim a percentage back from the government at no extra charge to me or the wining bidder! So the end contribution to Children in Need will exceed the Final Sale price.

RetroGamer featured this auction in Issue 31 which took up about a quarter of one page which is ace! :shock:

I was only expecting a small mention but they really made a nice news article about it. Also the Children in Need 'Appeal Night' starts on Friday 17th November on the BBC [where else!]. So this whole thing couldn't have been better timed!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:42 pm

Can't wait to see what this eventually goes for.

The news was posted on Insert Credit with 2,597 hits on the auction page to prove it!

So we're going in to the weekend with some heavy support, I'm happy it's already over £100! :shock:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:06 pm

Great to see this went for over 150 pounds, congratulations to everyone who made this possible! news here!

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:45 am

Congratulations! It was really a great auction for a great cause. Devin, you really put together a wonderful package there.. some really impressive items. Outstanding work organizing and executing this whole thing.

Apologies that GoNintendo.com didn't post the auction link, though. Kind of suprising, as they normally pick up these sorts of things.

Again, great job :)
It's like 1993 all over again!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:25 pm

All my SINS are washed free now!

Just in time for a New Year of mayhem :D