Same old story!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Same old story!

Post by Devin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 pm

I expected better of GamesIndustry.biz: PlayStation: A History

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:09 am

that's just it, the cd-i will always be remembered for 'the awful zelda' games.

on the other hand, i find all zelda games awful....be it on nes, snes, or whatever.....

i like the playstation though

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:30 am

on the other hand the Zelda games (whether they are bad or not is up to you) makes for the popularity the CD-i has, how small it may be. Without the Nintendo license the CD-i would fall into nowhere even more!

Going into stories like this is like "mopping with the tap open" (roughly dutch translated saying ;))

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Or "Holding back the tide" if you want an English equivalent!

Jaffar Sholva
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:05 pm

I don't know if you remember me, but I have to write something :D I finished my "work" about the history of consoles from a few days. Now I'm interested in a few consoles, which most attracted attention by searching for informations. And I don't know why, but the CD-i is interesting, hmm maybe something like funny or whatever. Maybe it's because of the Zelda-Games. Do you like them? They look interesting and you have to pay much for them, don't you?

Are there many people who love the CD-i? Well I mean... For example I read or hear from many people, that they love the SNES and own one or more. Many people know something about it. How is it in your community? Are there many people talking about the CD-i?

Why do you love this console? Are there good games? Is there anyone who have every game from the CD-i?

Well I hope you understand what I want to ask (I have everytime problems to express, also in my mother language) and I hope, my english isn't too bad. I hope also, it's okay writing in this thread.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:24 pm

I think we all have a broad love of videogames not just the CD-i. However we have a deep respect for the system and what Philips were trying to achieve with the format. So we exist for the simple reason it shouldn't fade into obscurity. For that reason we're always talking about CD-i! :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:49 pm

People are here to search for information about CD-i. And I'm sure most of them are surprised what the system really was about. In fact, I don't think a different console holds a more diverse and interesting history than CD-i, and if you're willing to look through the shallow minds of several internet stories, CD-i is a great machine, which offered games, courses, encyclopedias, internet access and movies, all before 1996. Revolutionary? I think so. It's amazing how the next gen consoles are copying a lot of these idead, presuming the market is ready now.