The right CD-i??

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Jaffar Sholva
Burn:Cycle Activated

The right CD-i??

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi all

Once again I was not on the forum for a while. But now, I can become very happy. I can get a CD-i. But I'm not sure if it is the right version of the CD-i. The Answers from the seller confused me. Here is the CD-i in ricardo (this is like ebay, but only for swiss-people):

http://my.ricardo.ch/accdb/viewItem.asp ... #questions

It is factory-sealed (look at the picture on the bottom) and costs only 10 dollars or so! Should I buy it and is it the right version, the one which can play games like Zelda?

There are two pieces to buy. The seller says, that he got it from a clearance (from a warehouse... don't know if I used the right words) and with this console I also get a cataloge, where I can order films and games (but he don't describe the CD-i as a console... that's what makes me not sure to buy it)! This would be a sensation, if I can order Games like Zelda or so. But what also confuses me is that he wrote, that every day new articles comes to the market (what this sentence says: Und täglich werden es mehr!... try to translate with a program to get sure the meaning).

So, what shall I do. I don't want to buy the false thing, even it costs not very much. But if it is that what I think, I would be very very very happy :D Please help me, and do it quickly. Thx

Btw. what do you think about my english Do you understand everything I write?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Heya

So the auction goes something like this: (using a translator)

"They will not trust your eyes! What is CD interactive? CD-i stands for Compact Disc interactively. This Disc looks like usual music CD, has however substantially more possibilities to offer. It is not the same like television with CD-i determines you that you see. They select those from the offer variety exactly, for you interesting ranges and lead to a certain extent direction. And all this by means of remote maintenance. There is a multiplicity of exciting CD-i naturally to titles, among them features, music videos, plays, maintenance programs and a quantity of child titles. And it becomes daily more! What do you need, in order to enjoy CD-i? They need a CD-i Player and CDs naturally. Attach simply the Player to your television set, and which can begin pleasures! A Philips CD-i Player plays not only interactive CDs, but just as all its audio CDs, photo CDs and video CDs, as features and music videos. The CD-i Player is thus extremely versatile maintenance equipment, which will be promoted rapidly to the center of your living room. one provides: CD-i Player, remote maintenance, Scartkabel, current adapter, operation CD and a product catalog Never one used Sales from clearance of stocks no warranty"

So, the player looks pretty neat, and a 10 dollar option sounds great! Probably he refers to the catalog which is in it, assuming you can still order titles from it. Don't be fooled on that, as you just can't. The order service is long over. However, services like Ricardo and eBay offer loads of cheap cd-i titles nowadays.

The auction looks good, go for it!, you won't regret! Don't worry about your english either ;)

Jaffar Sholva

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:59 pm

And is it really the console or is it a CD? Read carefully this sentence: "This Disc looks like usual music CD, has however substantially more possibilities to offer" ...

Well I have to take this risk :D I just wonder from where he get this. It is factory-sealed! It is a clearance! Why now, after many of years? And it looks really like he assumes, that this is a new system or he took a text from 1992 or so. It is just a very confusing auction for me. Maybe there is also a clearance of films and games... (Zelda for 5 dollars :mrgreen: )

And btw. this is the only CD-i auction on ricardo ;) Well, there is also ebay, but in Switzerland I won't find any CD-i articles. In Germany only a few, and from other countries it is expensive to import and to trans(form?) the money. Or I have to learn how to use paypal.

Btw. this is a very good translation :shock:

Thx for helping me. I will wait for his next answer and then I'll buy it :mrgreen:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:03 pm

there's a picture on the bottom of the actual item, so I reckon it's really the console. More it looks his language is also broken or the translation is bad, in my view it's really the console. Ask him again if it is about the item of the picture!

Jaffar Sholva

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:15 pm

I did it :mrgreen: I'm so excited ^^ He has no knowledge about it, so it could be he had more articles from the clearance. I could get maybe some articles which are extremly under their prices. Even the console is under the normale price I think, because it is factory-sealed. Amazing :shock:

And yes, his language is broken. I can write better english than he can write in his mother language ^^ No, it isn't as bad as that. Well, his new answer to my questions:

Aus welchem Jahr das Gerät ist weiss ich nicht. Ja, ich habe diese Geräte aus einer Lagerräumung und ob es neue Spiele dazu gibt, weiss ich auch nicht. Denn das, was ich oben geschrieben habe, schrieb ich aus dem Katalog ab (aha! there's the problem... translate it and you'll see what I mean). Darum kann ich Ihnen nicht viel mehr über diese Geräte sagen. Ich wäre Ihnen sehr dankbar, wenn Sie mir schreiben würden, ob ich diese Geräte aus dieser Auktion löschen soll, da ich mich damit nicht auskenne und auch keine schlechte Bewertungen haben möchte. Ich danke Ihnen bereits im Voraus.

This text is corrected by me, so I think you can translate it into english without problems.

EDIT: mitgeliefert wird: CD-i Player, Fernbedienung, Scartkabel, Stromadapter, Bedienungs-CD und einen Produkten-Katalog

translate this too and you'll see, what I'll get :D How great the life can be :mrgreen: Factory-sealed! I'll never open it ^^ I think there are not much people, that can get this so completly... but it's not the original-console, but after all enough.

Are there any games to find on ebay, which are factory-sealed? Does the the most expensive Zelda exist in the factory-sealed version. If there is one, wow, this worth / value :shock:
Last edited by Jaffar Sholva on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:19 pm

that would go like this: "From which year the equipment is not white I. Yes, I have these devices from a clearance of stocks and whether there are new plays in addition, I do not know also. Because I wrote what I had written above, off from the catalog (aha! there's the problem). Therefore I can say not many more to you about these devices. I would be very grateful, if you would write me whether I was to delete these devices from this auction, since I am not been versed with it and would like also no bad evaluations to have. I thank you already in advance."

You can do this using Google

The auction still goes for 6 days right! People tend to bid on the last moment, so keep checking!

Jaffar Sholva

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:28 pm

I don't think people will bit for this. They don't have the knowledge for it. I never saw a auction with a CD-i on ricardo wich had success. But I'll look it up. It's too important not to see at it. But I hope the price will not go up. I don't want to pay too much for it.

See also what I have edited...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:02 pm

I don't want to ruin your joy, but be aware of re-sealed CD-i discs!

Please share your CD-i experiences once you have it ;)