Need help on backups.

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Prosk8termatt
Burn:Cycle Activated

Need help on backups.

Post by Prosk8termatt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:55 am

I want to make backups of my cd-i games I have. I wanted to know if I make a copy in nero will it play in my cd-i system?

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:23 pm

I'm not sure if Nero will copy a CD-i disc at all, as it normally refuses to accept discs with a custom filesystem (I would use CDRWin instead). Apart from that, there should be no problems as long as you burn the disc with low speed. Though there are a few games in CD-i Ready format, which you probably can't copy at all, but this is only a handful of games.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Most CD-i Ready discs can be copied using CloneCD. Sometimes small errors still occur, but I've never had a non-working copy from CloneCD.

Nero works fine creating images of other CD-i discs. Also Discjuggler is a great option.

The most significant CD-i Ready discs are those from the Vision Factory (SPC Vision): The Apprentice, Dimo's Quest, Lucky Luke, Steel Machine, Alien Gate, Accelerator, ...

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:47 pm

Bas wrote:Most CD-i Ready discs can be copied using CloneCD. Sometimes small errors still occur, but I've never had a non-working copy from CloneCD.
Yep, though the problem is whether his CD/DVD drive is capable of reading CD-i Ready discs correctly. It's not that much a question of the software you use; if your drive can't handle the discs, even CloneCD will fail.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:41 am

Thats a pretty valid point ... then again I found my drives couldn't handle the CD-i filesystem untill i downloaded it.

Prosk8termatt
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Prosk8termatt » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:28 am

I gave it a try in cdclone and it worked.
Ive been on the site ----------- on there trading post and they have cd-i games i have that look like nero images. what do you think?

Sorry but I got one a few weeks ago and im a noob.

bas wrote:Please, don't post links to illegal download sources.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:00 pm

I'm not sure if you can tell sources are trustfull or not. Loads may not have been tested, they can be corrupt or otherwise they work fine. Just try it, scan for viruses and nothing bad can happen...

If it doesn't work, try a different source file.