Hi Scores Thread

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Krayhard
Burn:Cycle Activated

Hi Scores Thread

Post by Krayhard » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi just registered and wondered if there was or has been any "high score" threads. Thought it would be good to have one, might give me a reason to play a game I have not played for a while or one I might not usually play. :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:36 pm

Good idea, but I need screenshots for any valid scores :D I spend a lot of time getting the highest score at Accelerator and Pac Panic, really two addicting titles! Once I hook up my system again I'll try to cap some scores ;)

Krayhard

Post by Krayhard » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Bas wrote:Good idea, but I need screenshots for any valid scores :D I spend a lot of time getting the highest score at Accelerator and Pac Panic, really two addicting titles! Once I hook up my system again I'll try to cap some scores ;)
Ok your on, I will have a go at a few games over the weekend and place some pictures of my high (or not so high) scores on here :wink:

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Ahh good idea for a thread.. only Highscores ive ever had on CDi games were the Dragons Lair games where me and a friend competed against eachother to see who could get the higher score/thruther on the game lol

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:08 am

Krayhard wrote:Ok your on, I will have a go at a few games over the weekend and place some pictures of my high (or not so high) scores on here :wink:
Cool! Post the pictures! I just had a go with three titles. I'm not the best in these games, by no means, but it's a nice start to top over :D

First, Zenith. A fun game, and easy to track scores with. This is only half-way though, so I'm sure you can beat this ;) My score: 17100

Next, Accelerator. That's a little tricky because the high scores only scroll over screen once after you're beaten. A first run gave me 1289 points:

Last, Pac-Panic. You know this is a little unfare to compare with, because the higher level you start, the more insane amount of points you get for free to start with. I've pointed this out at the top line, 2 billions points. No, I started at the second difficulty level (out of 4), and my score is: 202154. The third difficulty level gave me 518003 points.

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:34 am

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 am

RIP by kempy81, on Flickr
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 am

Finally worked out how to add pictures :D

Here is my pinball high score so far

Pinball - Dogfight by kempy81, on Flickr

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 am

Can someone come up with a high score table? (proper forum one maybe) that perhaps once the high score has been verified (i.e picture) then that persons score is placed on the leaderboard for each game.

If not then I guess we can simply just keep submitting them as done now :D

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

New High Score on Mystic Midway

(come one someone, put a high score up! I want to know if this is a score or not :P

IMG_0720 by kempy81, on Flickr

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:20 am

Very cool.. I just logged in to see if there was any activity on this. I will play Rest in Pieces and submit a score shortly.

Edit: An hour or two later, my best score is 28,935. I don't think I've ever gotten much higher than this. Nearing level 20, the game starts to get pretty tough. :(

I might have to try it again later on with a controller. Using the mouse (what I was using), it's hard to get all the way across the screen in time. I know you can move faster with a controller, but you are not as accurate.

The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am

Tetris High Score

Tetris by kempy81, on Flickr

rocketboy3005

Post by rocketboy3005 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 am

I can't consider this a legit High score do to emulator, since my CD-i 220/57 still having a CD-drive problem. My IT teachers told me it can be replace a same model type or I can try finding a different CD-drive that uses IDE. If it uses SATA, then I also need a SATA-to-IDE converter. I'm not sure that a different type of CD-drive would work, but at least it is something to try then nothing at all.

As I said above. I don't consider this my legit score because of the emulator. But I do own this Tetris game. You can find my list of games in the "New member? Say Hi!" sticky thread.

I do hope I get my CD-i working again so I can play my CD-i games, the right way. Not emulators.

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:49 am

Nice one rocketboy3005

This gives me something to aim for (which is what this thread is all about) Good scoring, will hopefully update over the weekend lol

Chris

rocketboy3005

Post by rocketboy3005 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Kempyt wrote:Finally worked out how to add pictures :D

Here is my pinball high score so far

Pinball - Dogfight by kempy81, on Flickr
Um. What Pinball machine did u played on that score. There are 4 Pinball machines in that one Game.

Cyber
Dog Fight
Spring Break
Meltdown