CD-i Playing Cards???

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.

CD-i Based Playing Cards

Yay
89%
Nay
11%

Total votes: 9

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

CD-i Playing Cards???

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:43 am

Okay guys .. got an idea I would like some feedback on.

Im currently working on the concept of some Playing Cards deisgned/based on around the CD-i and the titles/characters from within them.

So im just wondering A, what you guys think of the idea and B, what titles/characters you think should be represented on each card/suit etc?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:28 am

Ofcourse, a very nice idea. Are you going to print and sell copies ;)

Characters, you should include Maxx from Max Magic, he's my favourite.

And Mutt, from Litil Divil. And Marvin from The Apprentice, that guy from Atlantis (does he have a name?),

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:01 am

Well first I have got to actually make/design them and well IF I can find somewhere either locally or online that will actually print (and sell them for online) then yea sure why not. So all I really need now is a list of 54, maybe more, characters to put on them.

And maybe a little input on what character should be waht face card.

So far the only ones ive got that I was going to put are Link, Zelda, Mutt, L-Wolf Jam, Tetsuro Hoshino (The Kid/player) The Old Man and Police Bots from Escape Form Cyber City, Sol Cutter and that was all I managed to note down before asking on here ;).

rupert
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by rupert » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Princess Daphne off Dragons Lair, Conrad Hart off Flash Back, Mad Dog McCree, Khok off Kether, Mario and theres a few people in Burn Cycle you could have including the buddah.

Nice idea, i'd buy a set or 2 if you get it finished :)

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:20 pm

Don't forget to include Dr. Dearth from Mystic Midway, Jeff from Secret Mission and Alice from Alice in Wonderland!

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:15 pm

(changed my mind about the deck I posted here)
Last edited by rdjnl on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Not to spoil all the fun, but I see some problem with copyrights for this deck of cards. So you might be able to make a set for yourself as fair use, but selling them will probably be out of the question legally.

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Not to spoil all the fun, but I see some problem with copyrights for this deck of cards. So you might be able to make a set for yourself as fair use, but selling them will probably be out of the question legally.
Absolutely.

But it would be nice if tgn_rogue designed playing cards with a cd-i theme, and posted them here.

Besides, producing and selling such cards would cost much more than it would bring in...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: CD-i Playing Cards???

Post by Devin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 am

tgn_rogue wrote:Im currently working on the concept of some Playing Cards deisgned/based on around the CD-i and the titles/characters from within them.
You always bring us the best toys! :D

I'd love a full deck based upon The Apprentice. Probably be best to keep it all CD-i exclusive and I can't think of a better set of sprites than that of Apprentice. I'm pretty sure Philips wouldn't set the lawyers on you for a pack of cards. If they do I'll be having a harsh word with them :wink:

You need any help I'd be happy to lend a hand :lol:

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:52 am

rdjnl wrote:
Absolutely.

But it would be nice if tgn_rogue designed playing cards with a cd-i theme, and posted them here.

Besides, producing and selling such cards would cost much more than it would bring in...
Ahh this is all true but still doesnt stop me posting them online and ready to be downloaded and Possibly printed out on labels and suck ove ordinary playing cards then laminating them or something does it :wink:.

And the selling idea was mainly wishfull thinking and was a way of easily distributing them to you guys as actual cards rather than just pictures .. but id still like a few decks made up propperly rather than the print,stick,laminate approach and wouldn't really be looking to make money to be honest.
Devin wrote:
tgn_rogue wrote:Im currently working on the concept of some Playing Cards deisgned/based on around the CD-i and the titles/characters from within them.
You always bring us the best toys! :D

I'd love a full deck based upon The Apprentice. Probably be best to keep it all CD-i exclusive and I can't think of a better set of sprites than that of Apprentice. I'm pretty sure Philips wouldn't set the lawyers on you for a pack of cards. If they do I'll be having a harsh word with them :wink:

You need any help I'd be happy to lend a hand :lol:
Ooh thanks, and well would probably be easier to do indiviual packs based on various games rather than hvaing to choose different charaters from lots of games for one pack.

And well im going to work on a rough layoutYea thats kind of why I was concidering editing out characerts like Link, Mario etc from my designs.

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:41 pm

...would probably be easier to do indiviual packs based on various games rather than having to choose different charaters from lots of games for one pack.
I agree.

However, if you want a true cd-i theme deck you should choose characters from a title that was exclusively released for cd-i (e.g. the apprentice), and not Zelda and Mario.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 pm

rdjnl wrote:
...would probably be easier to do indiviual packs based on various games rather than having to choose different charaters from lots of games for one pack.
I agree.

However, if you want a true cd-i theme deck you should choose characters from a title that was exclusively released for cd-i (e.g. the apprentice), and not Zelda and Mario.
As i said in the oter part of y post I was seriously concidering scrapping that idea ;) .. aka It has been scrapped lol.

As for the CD-i Only games, yea the Apprentice is one title but what bout others, as the only ones I can think of for characters that are solely on CD-i (these are only the ones that I own) are:

Great Brittish Golf,
Mad Dog McCree,
Mutant Rampage Body Slam,
Litil Divil,

And thats about it at the moment.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:21 am

Mutant Rampage is the only CD-i exclusive in that list.

I believe at least, too blurry eyed to check :shock:

[Pssst, The Apprentice is also CD-i exclusive :wink:]

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Well as you've already said The Aprentice I didnt really need to mention it and hmm what else was Great British Golf on then??

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 pm

CD-ROM

Although I've never seen it...