The CD-i Evoluon video

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

The CD-i Evoluon video

Post by Bas » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:33 pm

If you have the Evoluon CD-i you may agree with me this is one of the most beautiful CGI intro video on CD-i I've ever seen. I woud love to see it again, but unfortunately I don't have a copy anymore. Apparently, the title is pretty rare, but if you have it, AND be able/willing to share the video with us, I would be highly thankful.

bas

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:21 pm

This should work:

Video

"The 'Evoluon Souvenir' is a promotional disc for the Philips Competence Center.
The user can 'walk' through the Philips Competence Center, which is
beautifully modelled in full moving 3D animations.

Yet another Lost Boys production!

© Copyright 1994,1995 Lost Boys interactive B.V.,
all rights reserved"

I know the models of "the lost ride" ended up in a blender tutorial, would this mean a virtual model of the evoluon is also still available somewhere?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:56 am

Beautiful, thanks! That was exactly what I meant. Do any others have ever heard of this CD-i? The virtual tour through all the rings was astounding, with great advertisement to all Philips products. Did you just rip the video of the disc, Michiel? Are there also movies from the rings that you can rip as easy as this?