webpage

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
rdjnl
Softech Recruit

webpage

Post by rdjnl » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:08 pm

This summer I spent some time learning how to make a webpage.

I didn't know much more than a bit of basic HTML like <title>, <p> , <br> etc. But now I know there are various 'versions' of HTML and I learned about CSS, JavaScript and even a small bit of PHP and MySQL.

So... it's time for me to build a great webpage! However, i'm out of time :( (LOL :lol: ): the summer is over and I have to go to work.

Obviously, while I was studying, I made a webpage to see if everything worked. I chose to make a webpage about cd-i.

If you like to see my work browse to http://www.cdi.isgreat.org/

Please remember, this is an incomplete webpage with probably some mistakes, no PHP and not much content...(yet?! 8) ) .

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

very very nice!

Post by Bas » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:24 pm

very very nice! Please keep it up and continue on a CD-i page! There's enough info to fill a thousand webpages with so I highly encourage you to show us what you're capable of. Maybe we can build something together? I lack the knowledge of any web-building!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:09 pm

already updated! I think we should move this to the CD-i forum, because, well... it's about CD-i, right ;)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 pm

That's great! :D

You don't know what you let yourself in for though! Although the CD-i from the outside looks like a simple machine to cover with only hundred odd games, the work load tends to stack up. There really is more than anybody could ever write about :wink:

Good start though. Also never heard of 'Archeon CD-i Quiz' before!

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:06 am

Went to post on this last night but as i clicked the post button my net decided to die on me so ill say it now.

Really nice little site youve got going there. Although im not too sure about advertising the ISO links that openly ;) but then again thats just me.

But still its looking good so far.

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:25 pm

:!: Webpage Updated :!:

BTW
I must say, it's a lot of work to maintain a webpage (about cd-i). I really appreciate the work of the people who have done this so much longer than me. But I think it's fun, though !

I see the big update of Blackmoon is progressing nicely!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Nice! :shock: We need more people like you rdjnl!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:57 pm

By the way, do you know the site post feed is located too far to the right? It mixes up the design of the site. For the rest: Top!

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Thanks for your comment. What webbrowser do you use?

The webpage should look like this. I tested it in Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 6.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:23 pm

I also use Firefox 2, but I guess you might have the same problem only you don't notice it because your screen is at a lower resolution, so there's no space left. Look:

Looking at your screenshot, it's also not alligned but headed to the right. I guess, if you set your resolution higher, you notice the same thing! Probaly one line of code makes the difference!