Some short pricing questions

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Nolgthorn
Burn:Cycle Activated

Some short pricing questions

Post by Nolgthorn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:50 am

I have recently bought my first working CD-i player, it is the 220 model.

Cheers for me!

Quite frankly I am really interested in all of the American Laser Games that were available. Some of them I haven't seen anywhere, including Ebay, so I am worried they are either extremely rare or don't exist.

Currently I own:

Mad Dog + Peacekeeper revolver ($30)
Crime Patrol ($75)
Last Bounty Hunter ($75)
Who Shot Johnny Rock ($5)

I've seen a few other ones around which I will sooner or later purchase but the ones I am worried about are:

Shootout at Old Tucson
Fast Draw Showdown
Space Pirates

Are these games just not available for the CD-i system... or if they are how much money do you think I will be looking at for them, since they would be so rare?

Another question:

I just bought Burn Cycle, brand new in it's original packaging... how much is it worth? I'm thinking of selling it instead of opening it in case I can get one cheaper later.

Similarly with my CD-i 220, it is brand new, still never played, still in it's plastic but it doesn't have a box.

Are there still collectors out there looking for this type of stuff?

Thank you!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Some short pricing questions

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 pm

Nolgthorn wrote:Shootout at Old Tucson
Fast Draw Showdown
Space Pirates

Are these games just not available for the CD-i system... or if they are how much money do you think I will be looking at for them, since they would be so rare?
All three of them, they don't exist on CD-i (at least not officially released!)
Another question:

I just bought Burn Cycle, brand new in it's original packaging... how much is it worth? I'm thinking of selling it instead of opening it in case I can get one cheaper later.
It's not worth much, perhaps 5 bucks (to me!)
Similarly with my CD-i 220, it is brand new, still never played, still in it's plastic but it doesn't have a box.

Are there still collectors out there looking for this type of stuff?
Now that's more interesting. It won't make you rich but I'd say 25 bucks!

Nolgthorn

Post by Nolgthorn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 am

I'm on the West coast of Canada where this stuff is a little more rare.

I've seen a brand new CD-I player (which was still in it's box) sell for $450.00, I got mine at $200.00 after a lot of haggling.

Burn Cycle I purchased at $21.00, and I wouldn't have found it much cheaper after shipping from anywhere else. I suppose what you are saying is open them, play them, have fun.

:shock:

Nolgthorn

Post by Nolgthorn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:37 am

I guess that's really what I kind of wanted anyway.

Thanks.