CD-i Source Code

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Borman
Softech Recruit

CD-i Source Code

Post by Borman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Has any for any major game been found? Theres been cases (for just about every system) of the source code being in the final version of a game, has anyone examined every CD-i disk yet? Just curious

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:10 pm

I've got some while I don't have enough experience and time to dig into it. Eventually, I will get some help. And others at Black Moon has some more. So in short, yes. But not while examining retail CD-i discs by the way. I've never done that.

But it's a yes with a sigh ;)
Last edited by Bas on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:11 pm

As long as its out there ;) I hadnt heard anything, not that I go and look, so its good to know that it hasnt completely dropped off the face of the earth.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:38 pm

I still have source for several games and professional titles that I worked on.

But I'm not telling you which ones, and releasing these sources wouldn't be legal anyway because the copyright isn't mine :-(