Zelda Series for CD-I

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
CoolKid19
Burn:Cycle Activated

Zelda Series for CD-I

Post by CoolKid19 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Has anyone played the zelda game series for the CD-I. I have and have enjoyed them. I played through them more than once. I get upset when I go on YouTube and everyone bashes these games and says that they are the worst games ever made. I bet 95% of them never even played them. I write back to them saying that the games actually are not that bad, but they just reply that i'm on drugs or something. It is very annoying.

Does anyone else agree with me that the games weren't THAT bad or am I the only one? I thought Zelda's Adventure was actually good.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 pm

All those Zelda CD-i game I always enjoyed playing. All those people bashing the Zelda CD-i games are most often just picking on them because they're different than real Nintendo titles. Reading their arguments make clear to me most of them gaven't played them anyway. So it doesn't bother me actually, they just don't know what they're talking about ;)

Zelda's Adventure is great in my opinion, it's a tad difficult and frustrating at times, but loads of games are and at least it keeps you busy for over 40 hours.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I've played all 3 and agree, reviewers are definately a little harsh. I've been meaning to finish Zelda's Adventure but the load time inbetween screens is unbearable. Too bad, because from what I've played so far it's pretty fun.

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:37 pm

I think Zelda's adventure is a good game, but you really need a gamepad (for most cd-i games actually ) or the game becomes unbearably difficult and annoying to play.

I think the other Zelda and link games have a bit more speed (so I find them more entertaining), but Zelda's adventure is a good game and I think every zelda fan should at least try it before bashing it.

CoolKid19

Post by CoolKid19 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Okay, thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked these games. I'm not saying they were AWESOME, but they were your average side scrolling adventure and how is that horrible?

There is currently one on ebay for sale, Link: faces of evil. Even the seller says the game is awful. How is that a good way to sell something on ebay? The seller states they do not have a CD-I. Then how do they know it's awful,,,, ugh, just drives me crazy.

I hope to get Faces of Evil one day so I can enjoy it.

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:49 pm

I was wondering about that myself also (I've also seen the auctions). He doesn't have a cdi player, can't test the game, but he thinks the game is crap anyway. very strange, and a bad way to set up an auction (in my opinion)

I'll be selling another Link the faces of Evil on Ebay shortly, If you are interested you can contact me using PM, and I'll send you the link when I placed the auction online

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:28 am

CoolKid19 wrote:Okay, thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked these games. I'm not saying they were AWESOME, but they were your average side scrolling adventure and how is that horrible?
I fully agree with you, they are average sidescrollers. everyone else seems to either love them or hate them, my opinion is in the middle. at best gamelon/faces will keep you busy for 2-3 days and arent overly exciting but enjoyable. you have to admit though the cutscenes are pretty horrible, I think people that haven't even played them just see a video of the cutscene on youtube and then decide its crap.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Most of the videos onlien for Most CDi games, that ive seen anyway, are just the cutscenes and not actual in game footage, I thinkt he onyl exception being Escape From Cyber City, and as for the animation, I dont actually think its THAT horrible, just look at some of the original animations for most 80's , and some 90's, cartoons and its worse than the cutscenes in the Zelda series.

As for the person on the auction, they obviously arent very good at marketing, first rule of selling anything; "You have to Believe in the product your selling", otherwise nobodys really going to buy it. But I still want to know how exactly they plan on justfiying that its not a good game if they dont eaven have the system to eaven test it to see if it is or not.

Then again I gave up trying to convince people abotu CDi a long time ago, most of my friends have played the games when round mine so they know they arent as bad as they are made out to be and thats really all the people that, to me at least, needed convinving and that didn't take much.